Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

SimTech's Staggerwing

Maybe at my age I ought to give up gracefully and accept that life is one BIG senior moment but I'm danged if I can see how to get to SimTech's new Staggerwing on their web page.David

Unless I'm suffering a "senior moment" as well (and that may be ;-)), SimTech seems to have forgotten to put a link to the new aircraft on their site. Come on guys, you went through all the trouble to write a press release, but didn't think to put the link prominently on your site? Tsk, tsk. In fact, I can't see any mention of this plane at all at http://www.simtechflightdesign.com/. Maybe they'll fix it up soon.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest danowat

Hi,I have just brought the Staggerwing, I got it from simmarket, hope it is good, "fingers crossed"Dan.

What is even more odd is there is NO mention of this plane in ANY of their links online!Product previews, Product reviews, Payware add-ons or Aviation add-ons are all void of any mention of their Staggerwing.Very odd or a REAL bad senior moment....Don

Argghh! I can't even see the link in your message! Is there someone in the universe who doesn't want us to have this Staggerwing?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest danowat

Well got it installed, it seems to have installed some smoke on all of my planes?.Anyone else got this?Dan.

So I'm not that old after all! I thought it was me.Actually, this isn't the first time Avsim has posted a press release that doesn't connect; but it's down to the developer to check these things out a little better before release, I would have thought. When it's freeware, who cares, but when it's payware ...Can't see, I have to say, why anyone would want to pay 17 Euros for this when there are good freeware Staggerwings out there. The VC? Hmmmm ... anyway, the headlong rush to every new payware product puzzles me. There's freeware out there to rival most.And when they autoinstall .... yuk. Yes, Dan, you'll have had a new smoke file put in EFFECTS, probably. Let us know if you want the old one back!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

"anyway, the headlong rush to every new payware product puzzles me."... and that's partly why so many are going payware! :-lol

n-t

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I agree the freeware verion is really nice, and the fact that this installer will overwrite an effect file (really irritates me, that is why I hate auto installers) is just another reason I will pass on it. Thanks for the heads up!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest danowat

WOOOOOHHH there, in fact it is not an autoinstaller, which is very wierd, I unzipped it and there is no effect files in it.As for the freeware vs payware argument (will not really an argument), it is better than the freeware offerings, weather it is