Sign in to follow this  
Tails112

PMDG 787 DreamLiner

Dear PMDG: First of all i am amazed with the quality and service of your products, especially the PMDG 747 queen of the skies. PMDG made FSX really fly, and took it to a whole new level of neatness and realism. And because i trust that your products are 100% well made before they are available for purchase, i am requesting that you would make an FSX PMDG Boeing 787 DreamLiner. I hope that you consider making it in 2010 alongside or after the upcoming PMDG NGX for FSX. Sorry if i have posted this thread in the wrong forums. It has been an honor writing this request to the best FSX addon making team, the PMDG. sincerely Tails112

• Upvote 1

Due to PMDG's nature of making their air planes as close as possible to their real life counterparts, the real 787 it self would have to be released before PMDg could start working on it, and even then: it would prolly take some years. but I'll let the PMDG team have the final say in this. eeek!Ps. You need to sign your post with your real name, or put it in your signature =)

I agree on the dreamliner idea for future PMDG developement.I took their official demo cockpit sim for a spin at the last FAYB airshow in Cape Town last year.The cockpit layout is very familiar, similar to the 737NG.I felt right at home in it.I took off, did a 20 minute circuit and landed no problem.Freaked the demo staff out, not being a pilot. LOLIt would be awesome and fresh.Anthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

2 replies in a matter of minutes, this forum is very active lol :)i disagree at the part of the 787 being released first. just the plane dimensions and performance informations are enough to make it i guess :Dnice and fast replies indeed, thanks for sharing your thoughts with me :) looking forward for more XD

I doubt we'll be seeing a PMDG quality 787 anytime soon, considering the real bird hasn't flown yet. :(

i disagree at the part of the 787 being released first. just the plane dimensions and performance informations are enough to make it
Performance numbers are not enough. You need handling characteristics that are rarely published or expressed in numbers. They are howeveravailable (for a hefty price!) for those who make commercial flight simulators and are really very closely guarded. I doubt even PMDG has access to such data. If you don't have such data you go for the next best thing - get some real pilots with actual time on the aircraft - but as we know there are hardly any 787 pilots around as of today and this won't improve in the foreseeable future.

LOLLOLLOLThat's a knee-slapper. A PMDG 787. If you really need a 787 for your sim, you can give your money to some development company whose sole source of information is a press release. On the other hand, if you wish to have a product with PMDG/LDS quality, expect to wait maybe 5-10 years. Perhaps more, given it hasn't even flown yet.A lot of real world expertise goes into the creation of these products. That expertise simply does not exist for the 787 as yet. Once it does, you need to find persons who are sufficiently interested in FS to make it happen. Don't hold your breath for a 787.Paul

If you really need a 787 for your sim, you can give your money to some development company whose sole source of information is a press release
cough cough aba-cough-cus cough....excuse me

@V4DIV-CVN-70: lol the beer is on me ^.^ ( lol i don't drink :( )@Check_Airman: thanks for your comment :D but i believe the 787 is being tested right now ( you can watch some videos on youtube ). and in the link V4DIV-CVN-70 posted, about 10 787s will be built and ready to go by 2013, so we won't wait 5 or 10 years :( .@Tabs: indeed you do, that's why PMDG's products are lifelike quality ^.^@michal: oh yes it will improve in less that 3 years, that's forseeable enough i guess. thanks for your comment :( @THBatMan8: don't worry, it shall fly very very soon B) http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-294077.html

787-8 (whats that? Dash 8.... :( )If PMDG can get performance data under license (As PMDG has a good relationship with Boeing) and all the hardware is known then there is no reason why PMDG can't make a 787. Do I believe that what they're doing? I don't have a clue and wouldn't put money on it, but it's not all that far fetched considering how much the 777 has been requested.

Tails,No doubt Boeing intends to have the 787 flying by 2013, but don't expect to see a quality one for flightsim for some time after that. If you want one now, I'm sure for $20USD you can get something that vaguely looks like a 787 that uses some strange combination of default gauges and climbs at 8000 fpm fully loaded. I bet they'll even give you a few pictures from airliners.net for free!

787-8 (whats that? Dash 8.... :( )
LOLOLIs the first 787 really going to be an -800? That's certainly an interesting way of looking at it. So we'll have 3 Dash 8's:Dash 8 Classic: DHC8Dash 8 Super: A388Dash 8 NG: B788PS. Viper, is that your car? That's the ultimate pilot car IMO!Paul

@Check_Airman: thanks for your comment :( well... if it won't come out that soon, so be it. I will wait for it even if it launches at 2036. Actually delaying it might give out better quality, just like how the upcoming NGX will combing the features of the 747 and the md-11 :(

We have a very good relationship with Boeing... :(
Now we who live in Charleston do too! :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE