Sign in to follow this  
Turbo_prop

Dear PMDG.

Hello PMDG.I have tried over and over again to make my own specular image to go with my repaints of the JS41, but with no luck. The Spec for the fuselage is okay, but I can not seem to get it right on the Master image that holds all the details of the engines, wings, undercarriage and so on. When i try, the repaint in FSX comes out looking like something out of a flying saucer;) Waay to shiny..So what I did, was that I just copied the main spec from the default PMDG livery folder to get a desent looking spec. But still, I need to make my own. If you have seen my repaint of Direktflyg, you will see what I mean. Way to shiny.Now I have made an un-educated guess of why I can't get it right, and I think it's because you have integrated everything into the same file. The Spec, Bump, Alpha and so on.. Is this right?So please.. Could you guys please explain step by step how to make a custom spec for us on the master image? When I try to do it by your explaination in the readme file that came with the repaint, I can not get it right. As i said, the fuselage comes out great, but not the rest.Regards, Kjetil Mathisen

Here goestake the master and make a copy. This is still a psd format so then click on layers and merge them all in to 1 layer. Rotate the layer virtically so what you are looking at is now upside down.now resize the image to 1024x 1024 thats pixels not inches.then take the pencil tool increase the size of the pencil.Then select multiply in the mode pull down and set opacity to 76%Then colour in over the layer you should still see the paint kit shape under thisthen save as a dxt5 dds and rename it the same as the master but with .spec after it examplefuselage_t.dds fuslage_t_spec.dds hope that helpscraig

Thanks for the reply, but that is the way I have been doing it.It works well on the fuselage it self, but not on the other textures. When I do it the way you just described, it is waaay to shiny.Just try it.. Make a repaint with a rather dark color on the engines, save it and make the spec. Go in FSX and see what i mean.Thanks again..Kjetil...

Thanks for the reply, but that is the way I have been doing it.It works well on the fuselage it self, but not on the other textures. When I do it the way you just described, it is waaay to shiny.Just try it.. Make a repaint with a rather dark color on the engines, save it and make the spec. Go in FSX and see what i mean.Thanks again..Kjetil...
ok all you have to do is reduce the opacity or increase the opacity untill you reach the desired effecti personally use 51% opacity if you got to topic j41 repaint you can see pics of my latest repaint and the shine http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=265263regdscraig