Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

Text Display

I understand its best practice to turn off the text display for RC as it causes slower RC performance.Its there a better way to show text on screen? In the default ATC window, maybe?Also, i like to fly long haul routes. Should i be away from my PC when an instruction comes in (change altitude, heading etc.), is there a way to automatically pause FSX? Can i also automatically leave and contact centers? Any other RC tips for being away from the PC on long flights?Thanks for your help.

I understand its best practice to turn off the text display for RC as it causes slower RC performance.Its there a better way to show text on screen? In the default ATC window, maybe?Also, i like to fly long haul routes. Should i be away from my PC when an instruction comes in (change altitude, heading etc.), is there a way to automatically pause FSX? Can i also automatically leave and contact centers? Any other RC tips for being away from the PC on long flights?Thanks for your help.
rc put's it's display into the fsuipc window. there shouldn't be a performance hit.on long hauls, give the comms to the rc co-pilot. that will take care of the center/sector switches.turn on "pause at distance", and set it for 140 miles. then rc will pause fs at 140 miles, which will probably be where your first set of descent clearances will occur.jd

rc put's it's display into the fsuipc window. there shouldn't be a performance hit.jd
Hi, thanks for your help. I get excellent performance using the FSUIPC window (the one with red text), but i was referring to having ATC instructions on screen, for when i cant have any sound on my PC.Also, thanks for the tips for long haul. Sounds great; ill give them a go.RC seems to get better every time i use it! :(

Hi, thanks for your help. I get excellent performance using the FSUIPC window (the one with red text), but i was referring to having ATC instructions on screen, for when i cant have any sound on my PC.Also, thanks for the tips for long haul. Sounds great; ill give them a go.RC seems to get better every time i use it! :(
sorry, the display text option is not a very good option.