Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Trees for FSX

Would like to hear opinions on Samoshin Natural World Trees for FSX. How are they on performance and opinions and suggestions for other similar products out there either payware or freeware. Trying to put a little lipstick on the FSX Pig....LOLThanksSam

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Some freeware 30cm trees (forests) at Flightsim.....3 part download...Here is one parts, filename..: " seasonalforests.zip" ...All 3 parts are there

I'd also like to know how these trees impact the performance. Large areas of trees are the major performance killer for me.. I usualy have 30 FSP (locked at 30) but in these areas they can drop to 20 instantly. How much of an improvement are those trees?

I'd also like to know how these trees impact the performance. Large areas of trees are the major performance killer for me.. I usualy have 30 FSP (locked at 30) but in these areas they can drop to 20 instantly. How much of an improvement are those trees?
None, regarding the payware. They just look better, but are they worth thr price? I wouldn't say so, even though I bought (and use) them.

None, regarding the payware. They just look better, but are they worth thr price? I wouldn't say so, even though I bought (and use) them.
So I understand the tree density is the same as FSX but the tree textures are replaced? Why don't you think it's worth the price?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

So I understand the tree density is the same as FSX but the tree textures are replaced? Why don't you think it's worth the price?
I just don't feel it's worth the price. It looks nice on the ground, but the difference is barely visible from above.

IMHO there are plenty of freeware trees that look just as good as the Samoshin trees at a much lower price (FREE!)Just do a search for 'tree' or 'trees' at the Flightsim.com file library, there are plenty of options.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato