Sign in to follow this  
Guest njuser

747X .dll CTD, kindly help please

Guest njuser

Hi Friends,I have purchased numerous PMDG products and have always been thrilled.However, I purchased PMDG 747-400X for FSX and am having trouble getting it running. I am aware that many posts have been added to the forums on here and that PMDG has a number of answers on their site. I have read them all and done what I can with their suggestions including deleting dll.xml. I tried to delete fsx.cfg but cannot find it anywhere in my files. I am running FSX Acceleration on Windows XP. I downloaded and installed 747X as well as the upgrade on the PMDG website for the 747. When I go to select the aircraft I want, I see the 747s there. I click on them and it tells me it cannot find any of the associated dlls and then after 3 of these errors, I get a CTD. I have read that having Wilco products can cause a problem and that after uninstalling them that it worked. In my case, I uninstalled them and it did not work. That being said, I would appreciate any help.PMDG recommends going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing and changing some settings. I do not know where to find this. Does anyone know?I also do not know where to find my FSX.cfg file and once I do find it, I do not know what to change in it. Additionally, when flying not using the 747, I have noticed that my Add-ons and Extra keys on my FSX top toolbar have disappeared. I am assuming this is all related.I have to add the caveate that I am not very computer\programming savvy and would ask that any kind responses please be understandable by a computer lay person. :) I thank you all for your help.Sincerely,Seth Dorsky

Depends on your operating system. Usually, if you go to my documents there is a sub folder for FSX and the fsx.cfg file will be in there. Use regedit from the run prompt to modify registry entries but be careful doing this. You might want to create a restore point before messing with something you are not familiar with. If the 747 errors are related to not finding associated dll's, maybe you already have a registry error that might be fixed by running the free registry repair tool from Flight1.Try also to run the 747 installer again, and select repair. If that doesn't help, do an uninstall from the control panel. Run the registry repair tool. Delete the FSX.cfg file. Run FSX so it makes a new one, then quit FSX and then try to install the 747 again.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest njuser

Thank you Dan for the answer; I greatly appreciate it. I am using Windows XP as an operating system. I went to My Documents and did not see my fsx.cfg there. Before I run the repair tool as you recommend from Flight1, do you think that there is any chance this will tamper with any of the other addons I have loaded for FSX making it difficult to run any of them?Amidst all of this, perhaps some more information that might help. Since loading the PMDG 747 for FSX I no longer see my "Extra" or "Addon" options that I used to have on my FSX menu within the simulator. Additionally, it appears I no longer have my FSUIPC. I am assuming it is still there somewhere but it does not seem to be working since.I am beginning to think that the file HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing might be playing a role as PMDG suggests. However, I do not know how to locate this file. Do you have any idea of the exact place to look in Windows explorer for it? Thank you very much.Seth Dorsky