Sign in to follow this  

UT and FS2004 - no more RAFCADS!

From reading the thread it seems that once they get this figured out the new way of assigning parking will be even easier than RAFCAD, look forwad to this *(as well as the multiple active runways)Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest tcable

I'm just looking forward to losing my overlays :)I'll need to see for myself how sophisticated the multi runway logic is- As it stands now I needed to break up the comm frequencies at Atlanta due to too much traffic! (just like Reallife)Tim

That's what I'm thinking. The creation of facility data as excludable scenery pieces (if that's true from what I've read) should make AFCAD even more powerful than it currently is. I think that this version will be more accesible to developers than people think.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Tim_mx

Personally I don't care that much what terminals different airlines use. But getting those cargo aircraft to go to cargo parking will be great! And it seems to be very easy to do. :)

Hey Tim,From what I heard/seen, the multiple runway thing works out very well. Take Atlanta for example, in FS2004 27L and 26R, the outboards, are used for arrivals. 27R and 26L are used for departures. There are simultaneous approaches and departures without the need for a new AFCAD.Also, if you're planned for a South departure, you'll get the south set of runways, and vice versa for a North departure. This alleviates a/c taking off from 26L then making a left turn accross the 27L/R flow.The same is true of arrivals, coming in from the North, you'll get 8L/26R, and from the south rwy 9R/27L.Somehow, it also considers aircraft size, as you won't get a small runway for departure if you're flying a large turbojet. Unless small runways are all that exist...I'm not sure about other runway configurations, and I haven't seen anything about LAHSO operations on crossing runways, but its a HUGE improvement over FS2002. And with the ability to assign AI traffic to individual gates, it should be very easy for AFCAD designers to have accurate parking plans without multiple overlays.Regards,Nick