Sign in to follow this  
engwerda

No overhead panel in the 737 700

I have tried loading up both the 737-700 with both 2D Cockpit only as well as the virtual cockpit and everything looks fine until I select the overhead panel and the panels all disappear. Any ideas as I would like to take the 700 to retrace some recent flights. I did a search but nothing came up in a topics search or the knowledge database. I am using FS9.Gerry

Guest Callmecapt

I've also had this problem. I think it has to do with the 747-400 updates. I recently reinstalled FS9 and all my stuff. Whenever I install something new, I would test it and see if it all works. I then went on to the PMDG stuff and the 737 series worked fine when they were the only PMDG products I installed. But after I installed the 747-400 series, and they were my last add ons that I installed, the 737 panels wouldnt work properly. Only with the key commands could I select the different panels.Goran

You might have to reset the keycommands in the pmdg options menu. I have found that necessary. I'm glad they are not using the pmdgoptions.dll in new products.

Dan Downs KCRP

You might have to reset the keycommands in the pmdg options menu. I have found that necessary. I'm glad they are not using the pmdgoptions.dll in new products.Thanks Dan but no luck. I went to the PMDG - Options menu but could not find anywhere to reset the keycommands. I also get blank CRTs even though there is power and the engines are running. It is frustrating enough to have to go through the View Menu to get to the over head and then find that you still can't see anything.Surely there must be a fix for this?Gerry

I also get blank CRTs even though there is power and the engines are runningGerry
Now its sounding like an authentication issue. I would recommend you drop PMDG support a note and see what they suggest.

Now its sounding like an authentication issue. I would recommend you drop PMDG support a note and see what they suggest.
George,Does that apply to boxed sets? I bought all my PMDG products as boxed sets.Gerry

I assume you are not using multi monitors? In the top menu bar- open PMDG/General/Options, select Various and in Panel Switcher be sure to untick "Allow Undockable Overhead Panel". If you are not using a second monitor this could be causing your problem.Alex Reid

I assume you are not using multi monitors? In the top menu bar- open PMDG/General/Options, select Various and in Panel Switcher be sure to untick "Allow Undockable Overhead Panel". If you are not using a second monitor this could be causing your problem.Alex Reid
Thanks Alex. I am not using multiple monitors and the "Allow Undockable Overhead Panel". is not ticked.Gerry

Thanks Alex. I am not using multiple monitors and the "Allow Undockable Overhead Panel". is not ticked.Gerry
Any possibility of opening OH by going into Views, then Instrument Panel and ticking Overhead? If that works, has the panel select popup bar somehow got stretched or distorted so that a click on OH does not work- sort of like the FMC/CDU keyboard not working properly if the CDU width/height proportions have been altered?Alex Reid

Any possibility of opening OH by going into Views, then Instrument Panel and ticking Overhead? If that works, has the panel select popup bar somehow got stretched or distorted so that a click on OH does not work- sort of like the FMC/CDU keyboard not working properly if the CDU width/height proportions have been altered?Alex Reid
Alex,Yes, going into the overhead via the View Menu does work but then the OH stays in part in the outside view (looking out of the cockpit). Nothing on the panel popup bar works and I have tried all around it just in case, as you suggested, it might be like the FMC problem where a 0 suddenly becomes an 8 because of distortion. No luck though. Anyone from PMDG care to comment? Meanwhile thanks to all who are out there trying to help. Much appreciated.Gerry

Alex,Yes, going into the overhead via the View Menu does work but then the OH stays in part in the outside view (looking out of the cockpit). Nothing on the panel popup bar works and I have tried all around it just in case, as you suggested, it might be like the FMC problem where a 0 suddenly becomes an 8 because of distortion. No luck though. Anyone from PMDG care to comment? Meanwhile thanks to all who are out there trying to help. Much appreciated.Gerry
Gerry- is it possible that the Overhead panel has become undocked? In fact if you undock the Panel Popup Bar itself, you get some odd results.Alex Reid

Gerry- is it possible that the Overhead panel has become undocked? In fact if you undock the Panel Popup Bar itself, you get some odd results.Alex Reid
Alex,Thanks again but no, the panels are not undocked.Gerry

Gerry, I launch the 737 almost daily and have never had a problem like you describe.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gerry, I launch the 737 almost daily and have never had a problem like you describe.
Dan,Thanks for that. I am at wits end I must admit. It is obviously something peculiar to my setup yet I do not have this problem with the 737-800. I will give it a rest for a while and fly the 800 and the 747.Thanks for the help,Gerry