Sign in to follow this  
mcparr42

Method for removing photoscenery from specific areas

Hello,I am trying to remove some photo ground textures from a specific area of scenery, namely the airport, so that FSX can display the native runway and taxiway polygons. I already have the AFX file set to a higher priority than the photoscenery but still have a problem. While the photo scenery looks outstanding everywhere else, the runways just do not look the part. How do I remove the textures for the actual airport without removing the entire scenery?Thanks.

Hello,I am trying to remove some photo ground textures from a specific area of scenery, namely the airport, so that FSX can display the native runway and taxiway polygons. I already have the AFX file set to a higher priority than the photoscenery but still have a problem. While the photo scenery looks outstanding everywhere else, the runways just do not look the part. How do I remove the textures for the actual airport without removing the entire scenery?Thanks.
There is no need to remove the photo-textures, AFD textures will display on top of the photosleeming2.jpg

Normally, yes. However I am using the Blue Sky Scenery for the Phoenix area. I really love it except for the fact that the photoscenery sits on top of the AFCAD file. There is a way to eliminate some of this effect by tuning the NAV2 radio to 117.0 but the runways still bleed thru. Any thoughts?

Blue Sky has two types of photo scenery. The "low res" is 4.8m photo (custom) terrain built with reasmple and scenery objects including aprons taxiways and runways will display over it if they are above ground level. The "hi res" uses a different method, I suspect he has used the "texpoly" program which create flattens and then places ground polys on them. I'm not sure if fs9 or fsx aprons taxiways or runways can be made to display over these texpolys or not. You should be able to disassemble it with bglanalyze and maybe knock out some of the polys.scott s..