Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

My first YouTube video

Being able to see the aircraft you are flying from outside while landing, together with the "Pause" key are two priviliges a PC simulator has to offer...Thanks to PMDG for their beautiful Boeing, here on a windy landing.Here is a short video, my first one, so please be tolerant!:--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Being able to see the aircraft you are flying from outside while landing, together with the "Pause" key are two priviliges a PC simulator has to offer...Thanks to PMDG for their beautiful Boeing, here on a windy landing.Here is a short video, my first one, so please be tolerant!:--)
Nice setup also, Interesting case! Is the zalaman cooler all yu have apartfrom the case fans cooling the processor at 4.2? Does it still have the plastic mounts?In general though is the whole setup running FSX well? or would you look to changing any part of it?RegardsJames

Nice work :D
Thanks Phillip!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Nice setup also, Interesting case! Is the zalaman cooler all yu have apartfrom the case fans cooling the processor at 4.2? Does it still have the plastic mounts?In general though is the whole setup running FSX well? or would you look to changing any part of it?RegardsJames
Hi James,Yes the Zalman (which plastic mounts are you speaking about?) cools the CPU very well, together with the two big fans in the front of the case.Nothing else to reach 4.2 stable.Maybe some CL6 RAM would help but I don't believe it's worth replacing the Corsair?As for today it's a good PC, running FSX quite ok (no autogen though -I don't like it-, but bloom on and every slider maxed).Zero FSX.cfg tweak, Game Booster to stop services and progs, and O&O defrag once a month.Full load temp: +- 60C

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest SkullxBones

Nice video! I thought this was going to be another video of the aircraft mixed with someones favorite music but you get two big thumbs up for aircraft sights and sounds and no music. :( Jeff P.

Nice, David - looking good! One of these days I will find the time to sit down and make a video. But I figure I'll wait until I can get a system that actually runs FSX worth a darn. I'm assuming this was FSX because of the light bloom and cars on the freeway?

Very nice David with fantastic detail. I'd be interested in knowing how you put it together ... that is, FRAPS and if so, what settings for capture?, and if you used Windows Movie Maker for creation, or something more friendly. Also ... what format did you use for the final clip? I ask because I'm trying to do some of the same stuff myself and it all ends up too large.

Hi James,Yes the Zalman (which plastic mounts are you speaking about?) cools the CPU very well, together with the two big fans in the front of the case.Nothing else to reach 4.2 stable.Maybe some CL6 RAM would help but I don't believe it's worth replacing the Corsair?As for today it's a good PC, running FSX quite ok (no autogen though -I don't like it-, but bloom on and every slider maxed).Zero FSX.cfg tweak, Game Booster to stop services and progs, and O&O defrag once a month.Full load temp: +- 60C
DavidI read somewhere that the cooler uses plastic mounts to fix the cooler to the board and CPU? and that they were the only real let down of the cooler, but someone else said they thought they were going to be replaced with metal. The cooler otherwise I believe gets good reviews, especially the thermal paste it comes with.Case is certainly unique, I own a Lanli also but not that one, cant quite remember its name but its huge with 3 fans in the front door.Im looking to rebuild a new system now so hence my interest in what you were running, im still running on a Q9650 extreme clocked at 3.8. but want to move onto a I7 chip.You say no FSX.cfg tweaks, not even the affinity mask tweak?RegardsJames

Very nice David with fantastic detail. I'd be interested in knowing how you put it together ... that is, FRAPS and if so, what settings for capture?, and if you used Windows Movie Maker for creation, or something more friendly. Also ... what format did you use for the final clip? I ask because I'm trying to do some of the same stuff myself and it all ends up too large.
James,I use Photodex Professional which is a very user friendly tool.There is an option for "half screen size" video editing so it's 800x600

Best regards,
David Roch

DavidI read somewhere that the cooler uses plastic mounts to fix the cooler to the board and CPU? and that they were the only real let down of the cooler, but someone else said they thought they were going to be replaced with metal. The cooler otherwise I believe gets good reviews, especially the thermal paste it comes with.Case is certainly unique, I own a Lanli also but not that one, cant quite remember its name but its huge with 3 fans in the front door.Im looking to rebuild a new system now so hence my interest in what you were running, im still running on a Q9650 extreme clocked at 3.8. but want to move onto a I7 chip.You say no FSX.cfg tweaks, not even the affinity mask tweak?RegardsJames
Well the plastic mounts look very strong and they do their job perfectly.I really recommand this cooler for overclocked i7.The case... :--)) Brillant, crazy, expensive, useless, funny, beautiful, ugly...everything have been said about it.I love it but it took me a whole day to set up my PC in such a strange box!No tweak at all, I let Windows dealing with the cores, that's the best results I've got after trying all kind of placebos :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

Nice video David.Question for ya. What is the ATC addon you have running there?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

James,I use Photodex Professional which is a very user friendly tool.There is an option for "half screen size" video editing so it's 800x600
Thanks David ..... I appreciateJim

Nice video David.Question for ya. What is the ATC addon you have running there?
Hi Danunfortunately it's only an ATC chatter file I had on my computer!:--)

Best regards,
David Roch