Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera 2002 - an over-kill?

This is my personal view about the Active Camera 2002 V1 or 1.1 I think it is an over-kill. I feel the earlier pro version is much better. I have unistalled the latest version and put back the pro verion. I miss the spot plane view which I can view in all positions and distances which I cannot do with the latest versions of 2002.I am not sure whether I am missing something but feel if not that the Active Camera is an over-KillShri

Hi Schri,Well the Spot View with Active Camera is much better controllable as without but you have to UNCHECK the "Gradual Transition" option in the FS 2002 menu

Guest Anticyclone

Shri,You are certainly missing something.The 1st thing you are missing is to read the manual carefully.After having read the docs you'll discover the 2nd thing you are missing.Chapter 3 of the manual : 3. SPOT PLANE VIEWYou can pan and zoom with your mouse in spot plane view.There are 3 conditions to use this feature:1. Internal Pilot View must be CHECKED (CTRL-F11)2. Use mouse in spot view must be CHECKED (CTRL-F12)3. Gradual transition must be UNCHECKED (FS 2002 menu

Guest DaveKDEN

Fine, use the earlier version then. No one is forcing you to use it at all. Oh yea almost forgot - IT's FREE.Dave

Guest danowat

Blimey, if I had a

Guest racartron

Or very, very fat :(Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Hi Serge,I have been using Active Camera 2002 since you released it. It is a valuable addition to the FS2002 experience. Incidentally, I used the previous versions as well, and this one is a definate improvement.I have a question. I always uncheck "Gradual Transition" in View - View Options, before beginning my flight. But, when I next use FS2002, the options has somehow reverted back to a checked state. Is there a way to have the unchecked state be the default?Thanks, and keep up the great work.Joe

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Joe,it is easy.1. Load FS2002. Your startup situation is loaded. 2. Uncheck the gradual transition. 3. Save the situation as your default flightNext time you'll launch FS2002 the gradual transition will be default unchecked.BTW I posted some screenshots made with AC2004 beta in the Screenshots forum.Best regards,

Guest cwright

Shri,As Serge points out, you certainly are missing something! By the way, in the Active Camera options you can switch off spot view mouse control, in which case spot view works precisely as in previous versions. That's how I use it (because I prefer to use gradual transitions in spot view). Overkill? Of course not! It represents a significant improvement over the previous version. For me the preset views feature alone makes it worth it. Best regards, Chris

OK, I've followed the directions as stated... but all the middle button does is zoom in and out, no matter which direction I move it with the button held down.I'm using a Logitech MX700 cordless optical mouse. This a problem?Steve MUKhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg2.53Ghz P4 | 512 MB SDRAM | Geforce 4 MX400 64MB | 80GB HDD | WinXP Pro | DX9

Thanks for the quick reply, Serge.I'm on my way to the Screenshots forum to check out the pix.Joe

Thanks Serge and all others for your replies. I will certainly take your advice and suggestions to see the light you have tried hard to show. I think I must be missing something. Shri

I confess I have not mastered all phases of Active Camera 2002, but I have the same spot view capabilities now that I did before...and more! Now I can even use the mouse to change the perspective and distance. I avoided ANY Active Camera addon for months and now I regret doing so. When you finally get the head latency adjusted to point where you do not get airsick, the sense of "being there" is immeasurably improved.

Joe, I had this problem too. It turns out that my default flight had the "gradual transition" block checked so it kept reverting to that default. Once I set up my default WITHOUT the check and saved the change, the problem went away.

I Agree. Wasn't a keen user of FS2002 - always felt it lacked something. Couldn't put my finger on it until I tried Active Camera and that latency effect, now I can't fly without it and my FS time is double or treble what it used to be!Billy