Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera 2002 - an over-kill?

Serge,Let me add my thanks for Active Camera. It makes FS 2002 much more enjoyable.One suggestion: In Spot view I find it difficult to hold down the scroll wheel in order to pan. Is there a way to make the scroll wheel act as a toggle: one press and you are in 'pan' mode able to freely change your view by moving the mouse. One more press and you are returned to normal mode.I would think this would be easier for most people!-Rick

Guest LonelyplanetXO

I love active camera & have used 1.3 for ages. I tried the new version but kept losing the VC view. Following advice on this forum unfortunately didnt help (I had no problems with the spot/flyby views after reading the manual). When 2000 1.1 came out I tried that, but same problem. If i cycle from VC to spot view I cant get VC view back. I have reverted to 1.3 again, because VC view is the one I use 90% of the time, but really would prefer to use the new version properly. I just want to be able to cycle from VC to spot/flyby view & back again. What am I doing wrong? LonelyplanetXO

Guest Anticyclone

Hi,This happens if you switch form external pilot (X shortcut) view to the VC view without leaving the external pilot view.Internal view and external view are linked.Try this with AC2002 1.1 : (this is the mistake)1. You are in VC. 2. Go to external view (press X)3. Cycle to VC by pressing S. You'll see the 2D cockpit. You'll never return to the VC view because the external view is still enabled( because Internal view and external view are linked)4. Then you'll have to press X again, then press S several times in order to make a complete view cycle. The proper way is : 1. You are in VC. 2. Go to external view (press X)3. Leave the external view (press X again) and you'll return automatically to VC view.When in external view ALWAYS press X before cycling to another view mode.That's it ! Regards,

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Rick,It's easy. Use the ToggleMouseLook function (press F12).Regards,

Guest LonelyplanetXO

Thanks Serge. You got it. I never realised that X changes the view. I've always cycled through with the S or shift+S keys. Ok, I'll try it for a while & report back.All the best & thanks again for Active Camera.LonelyplanetXO