Sign in to follow this  
Guest paddy84heavy

J41 CTD on initial approach

Guest paddy84heavy

Howdy folks, thanks for the help on previous posts. I've just about got the hang of actually flying this bird now.So, i can get it in the air, keep it on the straight and narrow, use the FMC but it doesnt want to go down. I get to the initial approach fix (TANET), start my decsent and then at some point along the approach i get the good old CTD. I've got as far as turning to intercept the localiser once but never as far as the glideslope. Happened 3 or 4 times now.So, in the words of Four Non-Blondes: #'WHATS GOING ON' (and i say hay ay ay ay, hay ay ay, i say hay, whats going on) :( Cheers.Matt

Howdy folks, thanks for the help on previous posts. I've just about got the hang of actually flying this bird now.So, i can get it in the air, keep it on the straight and narrow, use the FMC but it doesnt want to go down. I get to the initial approach fix (TANET), start my decsent and then at some point along the approach i get the good old CTD. I've got as far as turning to intercept the localiser once but never as far as the glideslope. Happened 3 or 4 times now.So, in the words of Four Non-Blondes: #'WHATS GOING ON' (and i say hay ay ay ay, hay ay ay, i say hay, whats going on) :( Cheers.Matt
Could we get some further info? Flightplan, add-ons, which aircraft, FS9 or FSX, system specs. Screen shots are always helpful.

OOM errors are more likely at the end of a flight, depending on scenery add-ons, flight time, etc. What is you OS telling you about the error?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest paddy84heavy
Could we get some further info? Flightplan, add-ons, which aircraft, FS9 or FSX, system specs. Screen shots are always helpful.
Sorry, suppose that would help. :( JS41 (SP1), no add-ons, FSX, Windows Vista SP1 32-bit, Intel core 2CPU 6420@2.13Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Radeon X1300Flightplan: EDDI-EGKKHLZ, UL980 - RKN, UL480 - GORLO, REFSO, TIMBA2E STAR MAY TR. FL. 180Had some problems getting some screen shots. The above any help?

Sorry, suppose that would help. :( JS41 (SP1), no add-ons, FSX, Windows Vista SP1 32-bit, Intel core 2CPU 6420@2.13Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Radeon X1300Flightplan: EDDI-EGKKHLZ, UL980 - RKN, UL480 - GORLO, REFSO, TIMBA2E STAR MAY TR. FL. 180Had some problems getting some screen shots. The above any help?
I would think 2gb is too few RAMs for FSX. More RAMs and 64bit windows have cured a lot of similar scenarios.BoazDK

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Are you using any add-on scenery?

Guest paddy84heavy
Are you using any add-on scenery?
Nope no add-ons being used. FSX crashes to desktop as i fly over the transition point of a STAR. I get the msg. 'A fatal error has occured. Windows is looking for a sollution to the problem'

Is it crashing at the same point, is that point a fix, what is the fix name? Did you import the flightplan or manually enter it?If it is crashing over the same point, that would have been useful information six posts ago.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest paddy84heavy
Is it crashing at the same point, is that point a fix, what is the fix name? Did you import the flightplan or manually enter it?If it is crashing over the same point, that would have been useful information six posts ago.
Flight plan is enterd manually. I use FSC to get a plan then enter it into FMC. The most recent occurance is a flight from EGKK-LFLL. Plan as follows:EGKK, SFD, #A56-DRAKE, #A34-KOVAK, #H20-DOMOD, #A3-MOU, MOU1.MOU, LFLLIt seems to be every time I fly over the initial fix on the STAR i get the 'fatal error has occured' message. Happens when i fly over KOPUL as well when flying the TIMBA2E app. into EGKK.

I'm not familiar with area you are in, and I confuse easy so let me ask one more question:If you fly: EGKK, SFD, #A56-DRAKE, #A34-KOVAK, #H20-DOMOD, #A3-MOU, MOU1.MOU, LFLL it will always crash over MOU (my interpretation of STAR initial fix)?Thanks for being patient.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest paddy84heavy
I'm not familiar with area you are in, and I confuse easy so let me ask one more question:If you fly: EGKK, SFD, #A56-DRAKE, #A34-KOVAK, #H20-DOMOD, #A3-MOU, MOU1.MOU, LFLL it will always crash over MOU (my interpretation of STAR initial fix)?Thanks for being patient.
Thats right. MOU's the initial fix on this approach and KOPUL on the approach into EGKK. Crashes as soon as I fly over them. :(

I won't have a chance to give it a try tonight or tomorrow due to things higher on the to do list, but maybe someone else can take their JS41 on this trip and see if the same happens. I suspect there might be either something amiss in the navdata/sidstar or something amiss in the way the flight plan is created.Any volunteers?

Dan Downs KCRP