Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

texture compression/banding issues

I'm using vista 32, and I've been having this strange texture compression/gradient/banding problem, don't know quite how to describe it.Let's say that the sun is hitting the top of the plane, and it's shadow underneath. Instead of having the light smoothly transition to dark, I have a white band, then a light grey one, then a darker one, etc. You see distinct gradients of color.It's at it's worst at night:Don't really know how to post screenshots, but I'll try using the attatch function here.You can see it on the cockpit framing and on the cloud (yes, that's supposed to be a cloud!) down by the island.I hope I'm making myself clear, and that there's an answer.thanks

Hi,Make sure your FSX and Desktop are set to run in 32 bit color and not 16 bit.

thanks.My display is set to 32 bit, but I can't find where in fs2004 display options I set it. Is it in some textfile?

Hi,Alt/O/E/D on the Hardware Tab in FS during a flight.

Hi,Alt/O/E/D on the Hardware Tab in FS during a flight.
It goes along with your resolution setting. Make sure you choose the x32 one.

thanks guys, the rez fix fixed it. I didn't see that it was x32 on top and x16 on bottom, and I went to the bottom for the highest resoultion.thanks