Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

JS41

The only way I can launch the config utility is from the EXE file directly. It won't start from any shortcut, nor from the PMDG Menu entry.I remember this happend to some people with the MD11 manager.Any ideas what might cause this?Thanks

I see from the sig that you're running XP, so I would guess it is not an issue with permissions.Try by checking the properties of the shortcut... Is there an error message that the file cannot be found with the rocking torch? I would suggest checking the path to the exe in the shortcuts and making sure they lead to the file... if that is the case then it is hard to diagnose without sitting in front of your PC...Is your FSX install standard in terms of location and so on?Andrew

Phil,Could a corrupted PMDG "license" file or a Registry key cause it?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the JS41. That didn't work.I've tried creating shortcuts in different ways and checking their locations etc. That didn't work either.That the actual menu shortcut the PMDG install program creates doesn't work would suggest something serious to me.It's driving nuts :( If anyone's got any more ideas i'd be most gratefulThanks

Phil,No error message?Right click the shortcut and what are the properties, security and is the path correct?

Best Regards,

Phil,Have you tried right click shortcut and run as administrator?Edit:Try this;Delete the Shortcut on your desktop.Go to the folder with the exe file.Create a shortcut for the exe file ... but leave the shortcut in the folder with the exe file.Double click the shortcut.Did it work?

Best Regards,

Phil,Have you tried right click shortcut and run as administrator?Edit:Try this;Delete the Shortcut on your desktop.Go to the folder with the exe file.Create a shortcut for the exe file ... but leave the shortcut in the folder with the exe file.Double click the shortcut.Did it work?
Thanks for the help.What I've discovered is that it's not a 'shortcut' issue at all. If I go into the JS41 root folder and run the config application once, it works. If I then close the application and try to relaunch it, nothing happens at all, regardless of how I try to launch it.I can only launch it again after a considerable time. That suggests to me it's staying in memory too long after closing?How bizarre is THAT?

Phil,Strange!You could launch it, go to the Windows Task Manager, find it running, shut it down from the task mgr, then go click on the shortcut again.Or, reboot the pc for the reset and run the shortcut again.Edit:You do not have two monitors, do you?

Best Regards,

Phil,Strange!You could launch it, go to the Windows Task Manager, find it running, shut it down from the task mgr, then go click on the shortcut again.Or, reboot the pc for the reset and run the shortcut again.Edit:You do not have two monitors, do you?
Ah, I know where you're coming from with the two monitors question, as i've fallen into that trap before (one turned off?)I do, but alas, my second monitor is powered by a client PC, so no go on that one - it's soooooo frustrating.