Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbytesxk

Deserted airports after WOAI add on

Guest lbytesxk

HiI have installed a few WOAI packages with the installer. Everything was OK for a while I noticed increased airplane presence at the the airports the WOAI add on airplanes were visible, but now the last few days I have 0 airplanes on any airport.I haven't installed or done anything the airplanes just simply disappeared.I searched this forum and the closest hit I got was thisThe OP had the exact same problem, however I don't quite understand what I'm supposed to perform to fix this. What conversion are we talking about? I thought these were FSX compatible packages.Can anyone help/explain what I'm doing wrong?Thanks

Turn off the DX10 Preview and if this will not work, turn off aircraft shadows. These two could cause AI not to display properly.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest lbytesxk

Thanks, but they were not enabled before either.It has to be something else

WOAI traffic is built in FS9 format. Which is compatible with FSX, but FSX can not support both FSX and FS9 format at the same time, so all FSX formatted traffic will not be generated. The WOAI traffic will only appear at airports that have flightplans for them, so depending on which ones you installed, they could be few and far between. If you want to use both WOAI and default AI, you will need to convert the WOAI traffic to FSX format. There are some good ones available in the library. I don't use it myself, as I use only WOAI traffic, maybe others can recommend the best converter program for you.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

WOAI traffic is built in FS9 format. Which is compatible with FSX, but FSX can not support both FSX and FS9 format at the same time, so all FSX formatted traffic will not be generated. The WOAI traffic will only appear at airports that have flightplans for them, so depending on which ones you installed, they could be few and far between. If you want to use both WOAI and default AI, you will need to convert the WOAI traffic to FSX format. There are some good ones available in the library. I don't use it myself, as I use only WOAI traffic, maybe others can recommend the best converter program for you.
I had that problem too (in FSX). I found out its because of a conflict with the WOAI traffic and the default AI. What you need to do is either delete or rename the file 'trafficaircraft.bgl' in your FSX/scenery/world folder. That file contains all of the default AI flight plans. Its probably best to make a backup of it before doing anything just in case.

Guest lbytesxk
Have you posed your question on the WOAI forum?http://www.world-of-ai.com/Forum/index.phpThey are the folks with the most know how.
No I have not, mainly because the WOAI forum has three sections and the only section that actually has any recent posts is the non-WOAI related section, that place looks utterly deserted.I realize it's free and I appreciate the enthusiasm of the WOAI creators but I think a little more documentation would be nice so people like me won't get left in the dark after installation. There is nothing on their website that explains any of this. They should not be advertising this as fully FSX compatible if it's not. Or the least provide some useful instructions how to convert their product for FSX. Things like that are a turnoff for me.Can anyone recommend a payware AI traffic add on that works in FSX right out of the box?Thank you

Another option....Reggie Fields has a set of traffic files that are the default traffic files that are converted to FS9 format...Just re-name your traffic,bgl,s to traffic.bgl.bk(back-up) ,install Reggie,s files and then you csn install any and all the WOAI files you want with no conversion necessary and still have all the default traffic.....Reggie,s site

No I have not, mainly because the WOAI forum has three sections and the only section that actually has any recent posts is the non-WOAI related section, that place looks utterly deserted.I realize it's free and I appreciate the enthusiasm of the WOAI creators but I think a little more documentation would be nice so people like me won't get left in the dark after installation. There is nothing on their website that explains any of this. They should not be advertising this as fully FSX compatible if it's not. Or the least provide some useful instructions how to convert their product for FSX. Things like that are a turnoff for me.Can anyone recommend a payware AI traffic add on that works in FSX right out of the box?Thank you
Just go to their forum and post, there are people replying back the same day, the fact that there's not much going on doesn't mean you will not get help.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just go to their forum and post, there are people replying back the same day, the fact that there's not much going on doesn't mean you will not get help.
It looks if there are only 3 sections.In fact when you register to our forums ( and yes that's free as well) you will find a lot more forums with a wealth of information in them om FSX and FS9 as well as other toppics