Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobertizkewl

RIPPED OFF

Guest bobertizkewl

Ok, so a couple weeks ago I bought the 747 for $80.00, on PMDG's website. Then the next week, PMDG pins a topic saying that they sell the 747 at Best Buy now. So I go to Best Buy and sure enough I see the boxed 747 for $29.99. What a RIP OFF. Why did I have to pay $80.00 if it was just going to be $29.99 a week later?! Just saying that was a horrible rip off,Jeff Smith

Captains-Now that we've all had a chance to get caught up after the release of the BAe JS4100, I wanted to drop in with a few thoughts and some general updates on progress for a few projects.PMDG Launches US Retail Distribution:=========================First, by now many of you have noticed that the PMDG 747-400X is currently available in Best Buy stores throughout the USA. For a few year now, we have been exploring ways that we might be able to expand the awareness of the flight simulation products to customers who might not otherwise stumble across the vast online resources related to MSFS. In Europe, the market for add-ons is very strong, but here in the USA the homogenization of retail stores makes it very difficult to breach this market without significant costs and risk factors. We have been fortunate to be able to partner with our friends at Aerosoft and our (new!) friends at Best Buy to provide a range of titles to the US market for the coming holiday season.Our ambition is that we might reach the attention of some holiday shoppers who might not otherwise realize the depth of products available to the aviation enthusiast.Getting into Best Buy comes with some positives and one or two negatives. One of those negatives is that we do not control their pricing mechanism, and as such this endeavor is putting downward pressure on our pricing for the 747 product line. Effective tonight we have lowered the price of the PMDG 747-400X by $25, the PMDG 747-400 for FS9 by $15 and the PMDG 747-400F for FS9 by $10. This price change was supposed to be in effect on 14OCT09 to coincide with product availability at Best Buy, but an error on my part caused it not to be made live in our system. (Yes, it was a really simple data entry item that I've done a few dozen times, and yes, I put the numbers into the system incorrectly... Conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this- so lets just tell them it is part of a sinister master plan, shall we?)As a courtesy, we are in the process of issuing refunds to anyone who purchased any of the three products listed above beginning 14OCT09 because our intent was that you should have had a lower purchase price. It will take a few days to process the refunds, but you can tell that you have been processed by checking the price listed in your PMDG eCommerce account.)The obvious question to ask: Why is the online price higher than what Best Buy is selling for? The 747-400X is an older product now, and the price at Best Buy is a promotional price. If you want this fantastic product at that price, I recommend acting quickly. :-)All of us at PMDG are very excited with this test marketing effort as it gives us the opportunity to reach out to customers who might not know about this little hobby of ours. We hope that simmers here in the USA will embrace these titles at Best Buy.

Well it is not reasonable to get upset every time you buy something that later goes on sale or has the price reduced.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

If you read it also says that they will refund you the difference if the time you bought it falls into the time frame that RSR talked about. I'm sure you're not the only one in this situation, but PMDG is more than reasonable - shoot them a polite email to support@precisionmanuals.com and they'll probably let you know more.

Jeff-Thank you for posting. All of us can appreciate your frustration at having missed a good sales opportunity.I did a search of our eCommerce system for your order, but did not find an order from anyone named Jeff Smith during the past few months, so I'll need more information from you if I am to be of assistance.Drop us a note to customer support with your ORDERID and someone will forward it along to me for review.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

With all due respect to the thread starter, this is exactly the tone being referred to in PMDG's general thread on forum civility. I strongly feel it is often best to reflect prior to hitting the "post" button on the effect of the words one wishes to post. If it appears to have a tone that you yourself would be annoyed at receiving, then change the wording. Politeness and courtesy goes a long way.Of course I hope that PMDG will be able to come to some amicable agreement...Price changes, deals etc are a part of life's rich pageant. Sometimes we're lucky, sometimes not... living in Germany, I have no option to go to Best Buy...Andrew

Try going to Newegg.com to make a purchase, then pick yourself a product noting the price, and then go to the manufacturer's site because you'd rather buy it there! Guess what? You'll pay more! It's called "Marketing". The product ages, the market changes and so will the price. How much did you pay for FSX and Acceleration? $100 maybe? Now you can get both combined for $36. Am I whining saying I was ripped off? No .... I was just happy to be able to get it at the time. You'll find bargains at Christmas that you won't find in July. Be realistic ...... instead of finding a reason to be offended. PMDG has been more than fair .....

I ordered the 747 last Friday and only got charged $54.95. I had no idea why, but I don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I was expecting to be charged (and budgeted for) $70.00. Had I paid $70.00 it would have still been worth it and I would not be looking for a rebate (I never send in those cards you get with over the counter purchases either...not worth the time to me).However, having said that...if I paid too little by mistake don't come looking for me to send in more money. A deal's a deal :( Truth said...it's not about the money, it's about the product. Pay only what you can afford. If what you want is more than you can afford...DON'T BUY IT :( You paid $80...you could afford $80...now go fly. That's what it's all aboutRandy Tyndall

but I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
I have never been able to figure out what that means. :(

Google takes the mystery out of everything........The Story behind It: This proverb is based on the fact that a horse's value is determined by his age, which, in turn, can be roughly determined by an examination of his teeth. The message conveyed is that a gift should be appreciated for the thought and spirit behind it, not according to its value. St. Jerome, who never accepted payment for his writings, first used the phrase in reply to his literary critics. His exact words: "Never inspect the teeth of a gift horse." Rob

Rob Prest

Google takes the mystery out of everything........The Story behind It: This proverb is based on the fact that a horse's value is determined by his age, which, in turn, can be roughly determined by an examination of his teeth. The message conveyed is that a gift should be appreciated for the thought and spirit behind it, not according to its value. St. Jerome, who never accepted payment for his writings, first used the phrase in reply to his literary critics. His exact words: "Never inspect the teeth of a gift horse." Rob
Straight from the horses mouth :( Thanks Rob

Maybe Jeff had a "typo" when signing "real name" in the post.Putting your real name in the My Controls, Edit Signature box will automatically append your name (no typos) to each post on the PMDG forum.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW