Sign in to follow this  
tazz

MegaSceneryEarth - Arizona for FSX

Anyone try this? From the screen shots posted on their site, it doesn't look like there's any highways and roads with FSX traffic.

-- tazz

Anyone try this? From the screen shots posted on their site, it doesn't look like there's any highways and roads with FSX traffic.
I just bought tile 48 for the north Tucson area yesterday. I will install it sometime today and let you know who it looks.BTW, the car traffic does work with these sceneries. Maybe they just had car traffic turned off in their shots.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK tazz, I installed tile 48 and gave it a run in both night and day. While it's not the best photoscenery I have ever seen, I am actually pretty happy with. So much so that I bought tile 51 for the south end of Tucson. For $14 for complete Tucson coverage I am pretty happy with the way the day and night textures look. Actually, I think the night textures are the best feature of the MegaSceneryEarth tiles. The night textures are the one thing that I think they do pretty well.

OK tazz, I installed tile 48 and gave it a run in both night and day. While it's not the best photoscenery I have ever seen, I am actually pretty happy with. So much so that I bought tile 51 for the south end of Tucson. For $14 for complete Tucson coverage I am pretty happy with the way the day and night textures look. Actually, I think the night textures are the best feature of the MegaSceneryEarth tiles. The night textures are the one thing that I think they do pretty well.
Thanks for the info ... so I assume there's moving traffic on the roads as well? Did you think your fps took a hit with this scenery? The Grand Canyon is really tempting me.

-- tazz

I downloaded the entire Arizona state package. I like it. But as far as the Grand Canyon area is concerned, after looking at the MegaScenery Earth Grand Canyon area, I re-enabled the OzX Grand Canyon photoscenery area I have, because the colors look better (and it also contains a very detailed rendition of KGCN airport which is superb, with better looking autogen). By layering the OzX Grand Canyon photoscenery ABOVE the MegaScenery Earth Arizona in the FSX Scenery Library, you get the best of both worlds. The OzX Grand Canyon is outstanding, and it is now surrounded by the MegaScenery Earth Arizona photoscenery in my FSX.OzX Grand Canyon is all freeware. Get it...you won't be disappointed.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Thanks for the info ... so I assume there's moving traffic on the roads as well? Did you think your fps took a hit with this scenery? The Grand Canyon is really tempting me.
No FPS hit. In fact maybe a little gain due to the lack of autogen in their sceneries.Yes, there will be moving traffic on any roads that had moving traffic by default or traffic that was placed by UT.If I get a chance later I will post a screen showing the difference where it meets up with the MegaScenery Phoenix CD tile. The coloring isn't quite as good as that MegaScenery Phoenix, but imho, it's still better than the default or GEX textures for AZ, plus the night textures.

Guest j0nx

I think this is their best work to date. Sedona is a marvel and meteor crater at 9500 ft look perfect. I bought the central part of the state and am dying to get the north and south parts. One a month for the next few months though ;)