Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Vox ATC and Win7 64 bit

Hi All, Just rebuilt my pc and am in the process of getting everthing for FSX reinstalled. My question is which verion of VOX ATC do I download and install? VOX ATC with voice rec (not Vista) or VOX ATC without voice rec (Vista) I have my original boxed DVD from a couple of years ago. Do I need to install that first as well as the ATT voices? Thanks in advance. Craig

I tried installing VOXATC 5.63 on Windows 7 64bit without success. It hangs up during the commit phase and will not complete the install. If anyone has gotten it to install any help would be appreciated. I plan to set up my computer as dual boot with Windows XP 64bit and reinstall FSX under XP as soon as I can find out if VOXATC will run in XP 64bit.

I have installed VoxATC 5.63 on Win 7 64 without any problems.Your problem sounds like active anti-virus/firewall and/or UAC maybe?

Tried turning off firewall and antivirus and UAC. Tried to install again and get the same error. It hangs up at the commit phase and discontinues the install.

I have installed VoxATC 5.63 on Win 7 64 without any problems.Your problem sounds like active anti-virus/firewall and/or UAC maybe?
What steps did you do to get it to install?

I think everyone is missing my original question which was what version to install. VOX ATC with voice rec (not Vista) or VOX ATC without voice rec (Vista) And do I install from my original DVD first? Craig

I think everyone is missing my original question which was what version to install. VOX ATC with voice rec (not Vista) or VOX ATC without voice rec (Vista) And do I install from my original DVD first? Craig

I would recommend you do the followingInstall the latest version: http://www.voxatc.net/FSX/VoxATCInstall.zip (this is the for Vista without recognition)Install the UK enhancement (enhanceduk.msi, from root folder of the dvd) if you have itInstall the AT&T voices desktop runtime (setup.exe, from root folder of the dvd)Install the four AT&T voices (setup.exe in each of the voice1,2,3,4 folders on the root of the dvd)...and hope for the best.

I would recommend you do the followingInstall the latest version: http://www.voxatc.net/FSX/VoxATCInstall.zip (this is the for Vista without recognition)Install the UK enhancement (enhanceduk.msi, from root folder of the dvd) if you have itInstall the AT&T voices desktop runtime (setup.exe, from root folder of the dvd)Install the four AT&T voices (setup.exe in each of the voice1,2,3,4 folders on the root of the dvd)...and hope for the best.
I have VoxATC up and running with Wi7 64 bit. Thanks for the pointers. The only problem I had was installing the ATT DTNV1.4 Crystal16 voice and have no idea why since the ATT Mike voice installed fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled by setting the compatibility mode (just for Crystal) to Vista and it installed fine. Craig

I have VoxATC up and running with Wi7 64 bit. Thanks for the pointers. The only problem I had was installing the ATT DTNV1.4 Crystal16 voice and have no idea why since the ATT Mike voice installed fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled by setting the compatibility mode (just for Crystal) to Vista and it installed fine. Craig
How did you get VOX to install? I have tried repeatedly to install on Win 7 64 bit, but with each attempt it hangs up after running the indexer and won't complete the commit phase. It just keeps giving me an error message.

How did you get VOX to install? I have tried repeatedly to install on Win 7 64 bit, but with each attempt it hangs up after running the indexer and won't complete the commit phase. It just keeps giving me an error message.
JasC,What error message?

JasC,What error message?
"Error1001:An exception occurred during the Commit phase of instillation. This exception will be ignored and instillation will continue. However the application might not function correctly after instillation is complete. the system canot find the file specified." I click OK at that point then new box comes up"The installer was interrupted before VOXATC could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again." At which point I reattempt to install again without success.

"Error1001:An exception occurred during the Commit phase of instillation. This exception will be ignored and instillation will continue. However the application might not function correctly after instillation is complete. the system canot find the file specified." I click OK at that point then new box comes up"The installer was interrupted before VOXATC could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again." At which point I reattempt to install again without success.
Try this:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310147

I just downloaded and installed the latest version from the VoxATC site. Download VoxATC X for Vista (without voice recognition I didn't do anything special. I do know there are two installers in the zip file and you need to be sure to use the correct one. You may have to run it as adminstrator although as I am the administrator I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary. Craig