Sign in to follow this  
Robi77

MD-11 Flight Plan

Does anyone fly the PMDG-MD-11 from London to Zurich as described in the MD-11 tutorial ?And if yes,where to get that particular flight plan from ?I built one using FSBuild,exported it to the 747 which works except that the waypoints arenot the same as in the tutorial.Thanks for helpGubert Werni

Does anyone fly the PMDG-MD-11 from London to Zurich as described in the MD-11 tutorial ?And if yes,where to get that particular flight plan from ?I built one using FSBuild,exported it to the 747 which works except that the waypoints arenot the same as in the tutorial.Thanks for helpGubert Werni
Gubert,Are you typing in the exact waypoints from the tutorial (DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK UM150 DIK UN852 GTQ UT3 BLM)? Or are you entering the city pair and then pressing "auto generate"? I just tried that route using those exact waypoints and didnt encounter any problems. Just type that route in the blue box just above the "build" and "auto generate" buttons, and then press "build". If you autogenerate the route, then FSBuild will simply create a route for you. Also....do you have the latest airac data? I belive the current data is 0911. It's available directly from the FSB website.

If you mean the flight plan file, this is already installed and can be accessed with the CO ROUTE function. You could also add the en-route part manually as described at the end of the document.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Gubert,Are you typing in the exact waypoints from the tutorial (DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK UM150 DIK UN852 GTQ UT3 BLM)? Or are you entering the city pair and then pressing "auto generate"? I just tried that route using those exact waypoints and didnt encounter any problems. Just type that route in the blue box just above the "build" and "auto generate" buttons, and then press "build". If you autogenerate the route, then FSBuild will simply create a route for you. Also....do you have the latest airac data? I belive the current data is 0911. It's available directly from the FSB website.
I did not realize that one can enter waypoints into that blue box.I did it and problem solved.Thanks againHubert Werni

I built a flight plan with the waypoints indicated above.The tutorial Swissair flight from London to Zurich shows ( on the Act F-Plan 1/2 ) EGLL as the first entry.When I duplicate that flight I obtain RW27L and not EGLL and I wonder why.Where is this entry RW27L coming from as it is not part of my flight plan.ThanksHubert Werni

Hubert,Could it be you are departing EGLL on 27L?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I built a flight plan with the waypoints indicated above.The tutorial Swissair flight from London to Zurich shows ( on the Act F-Plan 1/2 ) EGLL as the first entry.When I duplicate that flight I obtain RW27L and not EGLL and I wonder why.Where is this entry RW27L coming from as it is not part of my flight plan.ThanksHubert Werni
Go back to FSBuild and type in the cities (EGLL and LSZH). Notice how a departure runway is added on the drop-down menu (look on top, just to the right of "EGLL/Heathrow". You can change this if you want, either in FSB, or on your FMC if you know how. By the way....before you change it, look at the flight plan in FSB (click on "Route" on the left side, then "Navlog" on the bottom. That runway is also indicated on your flight plan, just above where your fuel requirements are. All of this info is sent to your aircraft, and this is why your plane is showing 27L even though you nevr actually entered that info yourself.

Is it possible that a SID was selected that uses 27L or 27L was selected and a list of SID was brought up to select from?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW