Sign in to follow this  
DRani

Weird Flightplan appears on weather map.

Hi,When i run the Jetstream 41 i get a flightplan to 0*N/S, 0*E/W. No other flightplan is loaded either in FSX or the J41 FMC.My FSX is sp2 and vista is 32 bit and fully updated. The flightplan only appears in the weather map and nowhere else.Is this just a part of how the programming of the j41 operates or could there be a problem there? See below for pictures.fpweather1.jpgfpweather2.jpgThank you. :( David RanieriSydney, AU.

....well, then we are at least two, and I guess it goes for everyone .... !!Jesper, Denmark

Didn't see the 0/0 flighplan yet, but the JS has the habit to screw up (i.e. delete legs and only keep the current one) from the FSX flightplan.This already happened before SP1.I find this quite annoying, especially when I use the FSX GPS to find approaches or transitions that are not available in the FMS.I'm wondering what kind of bizarre programming technique is used there. :( I've not seen this on any other payware airplane.Alex

Hi,When i run the Jetstream 41 i get a flightplan to 0*N/S, 0*E/W. No other flightplan is loaded either in FSX or the J41 FMC.My FSX is sp2 and vista is 32 bit and fully updated. The flightplan only appears in the weather map and nowhere else.Is this just a part of how the programming of the j41 operates or could there be a problem there? See below for pictures.fpweather1.jpgfpweather2.jpgThank you. :( David RanieriSydney, AU.
Hi David, I have encountered the very same issue, but it is not in the weather map only! I use vRoute flight planner and use its export function to load my flight plans into both the J41's FMC and FSX flight planner. But whenever I check the FSX flight map, I end up with some 'weird' legs which end up in the ocean, for the most part. I have also exported flight plans from vRoute to both the PMDG MD-11 and 747-400 without this screwy behaviour thats exhibited with the J41.Regards, GodfreyG :(

Thank you all for taking the time to recognize this problem.Hopefully we can get some official word on it. :( David.

Thank you all for taking the time to recognize this problem.Hopefully we can get some official word on it. :( David.
David, I just completed doing more tests and, what I have discovered is that when you go to flight planner and press the "Edit" tab after loading a flight plan, everything looks fine; the departure and destination airports, and all of the waypoints in between are present and in order.But, when I checked the FSX map, there is present, a long semi-circular line, leading from the departure airport to a position in the ocean, with the co-ordinates, N 0 00 W 0 00.This is really weird and I would surely appreciate it if someone could clarify whether this is indeed caused by some bug in the J41, or if some data in FSX has becme corrupted with respect to how the J41 flight plan is depicted on the world map. Strangely enough, this does not occur with any other aircraft; not PMDGs B747, MD-11, Level-D 767, ATR72-500 etc. Please help someone.Best Regards,GodfreyG :(

I'm not an expert on this, so treat this as a guess. I think the JS41 uses the MSFS autopilot/gps libraries for current segment navigation so if the current (active) segment is undefined you will see something going to 0N0E in the MSFS maps. During flight, the default GPS does show the current segment, so I think this could be a close guess.

Dan Downs KCRP