Sign in to follow this  
swampwolf

My Traffic 2010

I am going to get My Traffic 2010, The one thing that bothers me and I have ask on other Forums but with no straight forward reply, on the My Traffic Web site it says My Traffic 2010 is not very active in North America and Western Europe. (That's where I fly!!) What does this mean? Is there semi realistic AI traffic in those countries? Not so much realistic scheduling etc. but just numbers of aircraft parked taking off and landing. Also on the My Traffic 2010 web site it is going for $49.00 does anybody know of a cheaper site for the boxed version?

Guest firehawk44
I am going to get My Traffic 2010, The one thing that bothers me and I have ask on other Forums but with no straight forward reply, on the My Traffic Web site it says My Traffic 2010 is not very active in North America and Western Europe. (That's where I fly!!) What does this mean? Is there semi realistic AI traffic in those countries? Not so much realistic scheduling etc. but just numbers of aircraft parked taking off and landing. Also on the My Traffic 2010 web site it is going for $49.00 does anybody know of a cheaper site for the boxed version?
It IS sort of confusing isn't it? According to the developer, My Traffic 2010 is basically the same as My Traffic X 5.2a or any My Traffic X after SP2 and the implementation of DX10 technology. I could not find the comment "is not very active in North America and Western Europe" on the developers forum. If you say you saw it, then it must be there but you mention "My Traffic Website" and maybe you're referencing the My Traffic AI program which is completely different than My Traffic X and a competitor. Thus, maybe the confusion (blame it on Microsoft for coming up with My Videos, My Pictures, My Documents, etc.!!). Here's a link to the developers forum where he discusses the differences between his My Traffic 2010 and his My Traffic X programs. Actually, I find the My Traffic X 5.2b to be the most comprehensive of his AI programs. My Traffic 2010 will be sold by Aerosoft and My Traffic X will continue to be sold by SimMarket. On SimMarket he has a chart showing the differences between the various AI programs he's developing -- http://secure.simmarket.com/b.-renk-mytraffic-x-pro.phtml. I assume that My Traffic 2010 will eventually be upgraded as new AI aircraft are painted for SP2 and new AI schedules developed. I have been a long time owner of My Traffic X (as well as My Traffic) and find that the developer is constantly upgrading the aircraft and schedules and the program itself. He makes it simple to update, just click on the Communicator and it will take you to his website where you can click on the check for updates and it will begin downloading updates and then installing them automatically. You can also check on your aircraft.cfg and scenery.cfg from his update website too to make sure everything in those configs are correct. I'm sure this will be the method used by Aerosoft too. For your other questions, I would go on the Aerosoft forum or on the developers website and ask those questions how realistic traffic will be. In the AVSIM Store you can purchase it for $41.80. :( I hope this helps remove some of the confusion.Best regards,Jim

If you go to the Aerosft My Traffic 2010 site http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd,,11038 that is where it says "This enormous number also counts on the fact that My Traffic 2010 is not "very active" in North America and Western Europe - You can also explore every part of the world and find airlines you`ve never heard of before. " I guess I am kind of old fashioned as whenever I buy any sort of program I allwas get the disk and not the down load version, did I read it wrong? but it looks like Mytraffic x v5.2 is $57 and then add another $26 for the disk version Tot. Is $83 that is a little more then I wanted to pay. The sim market.com site was very informative and I thank you for that! At the very end he outlined the difference between Mytraffic lite2010, 2010, and of course Mytraffic x v5.2, down and dirty good stuff! Thank you both for your help in this very confusing matter!!!

I saw this (not very active thing) too just one hour ago on Aerosoft site. I also don't know what is that supposed to mean. Maybe it means that all those 800000 flights are not just in EU or USA but all over the world.

I asked myself the same question but having used My traffic 2010 for a couple of weeks I can say that you don't need to worry about it being "not very active" in those areas. I fly a lot in western Europe and with the traffic slider near max, the constant radio chatter and blocked runways is enough to drive you crazy :(

In the end, I'll get this. WoAI just doesn't do it - it doesn't fill up the airports nearly enough for me. I just came back from flying around Stockholm Arlanda, and I was shocked to see it was 95% empty. My traffic sliders are around 50%, which is the recommended setting, and it's a setting that makes Amsterdam Schiphol filled to the top, so I'm perplexed as to why Arlanda isn't. I have seen this more frequently too, for example, EBBR Brussel is also 95% empty, while it's FS9 counterpart is full. Maybe it's something with FSX, but it drives me mad.I hope MyTraffic will be able to fix this.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

In the end, I'll get this. WoAI just doesn't do it - it doesn't fill up the airports nearly enough for me. I just came back from flying around Stockholm Arlanda, and I was shocked to see it was 95% empty. My traffic sliders are around 50%, which is the recommended setting, and it's a setting that makes Amsterdam Schiphol filled to the top, so I'm perplexed as to why Arlanda isn't. I have seen this more frequently too, for example, EBBR Brussel is also 95% empty, while it's FS9 counterpart is full. Maybe it's something with FSX, but it drives me mad.I hope MyTraffic will be able to fix this.
The best rewarding AI is simply your OWN. Your OWN aircraft. Your OWN schedules. Your OWN plans. Your OWN starts, routes, and destinations. It takes some doings and TIME.......at the end, it is very REWARDING.Abe

I think Jim in the above reply said it best when he said "It IS sort of confusing isn't it?" I guess I will in the end get the My traffic 2010 box version. I do still think that its odd that they should mention the not very active thing at all, with out some sort of explanation!?Thanks for all the good info! swampwolf

I did that once, making my own flight plan for AI planes, and while I succeeded, I swore to never do it again. It takes too much time - time I don't have.I think I'll go for MyTrafficX 5.2b Professional, which is what you can get at Simmarket. According to the table over there, it's the most comprehensive Myraffic version around, so I figured I'd take that one.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Can't go wrong with 5.2b - it's tremendously easy on framerates and plasters your airports with lots of traffic, even if you just have sliders set at 50%. I have them at 30%, that's what makes chatting with ATC nice and easy :-).And don't fear Western Europe and the US not being very active - it's pretty busy there :-)

The best rewarding AI is simply your OWN. Your OWN aircraft. Your OWN schedules. Your OWN plans. Your OWN starts, routes, and destinations. It takes some doings and TIME.......at the end, it is very REWARDING.Abe
Is there a tutorial that shows how to do this? This sounds like something I wouldn't mind doing if there is a writeup.

Christopher Edwards

Is there a tutorial that shows how to do this? This sounds like something I wouldn't mind doing if there is a writeup.
Try TTOOLS or AITOOLS at AVSIM.

I did that once, making my own flight plan for AI planes, and while I succeeded, I swore to never do it again. It takes too much time - time I don't have.
In agree 100%. I started playing with ai the day ttools was released for FS2002. Most any approach/program will (including WofAI) will need tweaking. You will most likely have to add better models, repaints, military, GA or charter flights but using something as a base (UT2, MyTraffic, WofAI) and building from it is far less time consuming than starting from scratch. If you set your sights on filling the skies from scratch, say goodbye to flying.Since June of 2003 I have used Ultimate Traffic with a mixture of WofAI and other flight plans found on the web. I have UT2 and I like it. It is a little buggy but they are releasing a SP soon. The advantage to Ultimate Traffic is new paints are very easy to import and add to flight plans. You can easily remove a airline or the airlines for an entire county if you want to substitute them for something else. Just finding all of the missing aircraft that are not included with UT2 is quite a chore. Trying to create AI from scratch is an insane, yet doable, task

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest WarpAir
In agree 100%. I started playing with ai the day ttools was released for FS2002. Most any approach/program will (including WofAI) will need tweaking. You will most likely have to add better models, repaints, military, GA or charter flights but using something as a base (UT2, MyTraffic, WofAI) and building from it is far less time consuming than starting from scratch. If you set your sights on filling the skies from scratch, say goodbye to flying.Since June of 2003 I have used Ultimate Traffic with a mixture of WofAI and other flight plans found on the web. I have UT2 and I like it. It is a little buggy but they are releasing a SP soon. The advantage to Ultimate Traffic is new paints are very easy to import and add to flight plans. You can easily remove a airline or the airlines for an entire county if you want to substitute them for something else. Just finding all of the missing aircraft that are not included with UT2 is quite a chore. Trying to create AI from scratch is an insane, yet doable, task
Everybody running at 4Ghz or more seems to like UT2, cause maybe traffic injection pause is not so much an issues at 4Ghz,