Sign in to follow this  
mjl1966

cabin pressure fault doesn't cause problem or alarm

Recently tried setting cabin pressure incorrectly to see what kind of alarm/warning lights I would get and how it affected fsPax. To my surprise, it didn't cause any problem.Aircraft: PMDG 737-700Procedure: Set cabin pressure select to MAN(ual). Open valve to full upen. Result: When in flight, the cabin pressure indicator does indeed show the cabin pressure matching the actual aircraft attitude and the pressure differential as minimal. In this respect, this is very well simulated. With the cabin pressure valve all the way open, this is what you would expect. However, there is no alarm or warning light and FSPAX isn't detecting anything, either. (Which it does in other models.) It seems that while the dial is well simulated, the actual cabin pressure variable in the sim (whatever it is) is not actually being changed/triggered.Any insight?Michael Lawrence

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.

Correct, in fact you can open the cabin door in flight with no adverse effects. They are working on a new 737 simulator now, which will be much more advanced than the 737NG, which was released during the FS2002 era.

Dan Downs KCRP

LOL. Alrighty then, convertible it is!Thanks for the clarification, Dan-Mike Lawrence

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.

I also tried manually closing the outflow valve and pressurising the cabin while on the ground, I got the warning after 1psi DP that doors might not open and I continued upto 10psi DP then opened the doors., they opened just fine... but atleast I did get a huge sudden pressure loss, glad I was wearing my seat belt. :(