Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Has Mike Stone moved to the White House?

Ho! Interesting! I tried again last night and still can't get it ... c'mon Frank, you said you'd help ... where are you, my friend? When I go to log in, it recognises no previously set up combination that I try ... but when I go to register as a first timer, it still tells me my "passwords don't match". Curious.So what time is it then now, I wonder, on my machine. It says 8:33 on the little button on my task bar and I know it's July 4, LOL .... so here's pressing POST MESSAGE to see what time this message posts!O how boring this all is! Sorry to be such a pedant, folks.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: Well, the big hand is at the bottom where it should be ... but it's half past eight in the morning here whereas this forum says it's four hours on. As even UK is five hours ahead, maybe Tom Allensworth is a mermaid. This forum must be hosted off the West Coast of Ireland somewhere.http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Mark,I AGREE with and totally sympathize your sentiments ... the world is really getting way to complex! My ISP decided to block "SPAM," didn't ask me, and I have no choice ... now my mail "storage" is twice the size because of the "Spam blocker's analysis" of why 98% of my private email is SPAM. Totally amazing to me. and all I can think of is Monty Python ... SPAM, SPAM SPAM, SPAM, etc. At work, I am faced each morning with 100+ eMails which say SPAM ... good to delete and look at some while drinking my morning coffee.I wodk in the great IT biz, have for 25+ years and have seen things that no one dreamed of even 15 years ago happen today for all of us ... but the price is getting higher and higher for my 54 yo tired brain ... all those passwords, and that is just WORK ... not to mention FS and my other interests ... I have to keep a spreadsheet with id's and passwords, because I cannot remember, and everyone seems to have DIFFERENT password rules, so I can't simply have ONE password ... hahahahaha ...O WELL ..Happy 4th of July ... not sure what part of the planet you are from, but here in the US it's a HOLIDAY and DAY OFF ... yahooo!!! Any day off is a GOOD day off!!!

And the same to you, Paul! I'm a Limey, but I live in Bayville, Long Island, NY ... so the flags are out here, of course. Now I wonder what would happen if I raised my Flag of St. George ....I was talking to an 83-year old flightsim friend of mine yesterday who had the following observation:"Went to your place once. Liverpool, 1943, in between sinking U-boats. Two and a half years at sea in one tour, so Liverpool was a welcome sight. Love the Brits. In fact, then and now, they're the only people in the world who like us Americans, you know. America's OK to them. Probably because they think they still run the place".LOL. Not me; I'm married to a Yank and she's much cleverer than I will ever be.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest frankcubillos

Mark,I don't see you in the database of pending or current members. Make sure you aren't using a free mail service as those are blocked.Give it a shot and let me know.http://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest crashing_pilot

yahoo...Mark Dark Moment...i must say i'm looking forward to see you as a member of fsgateway....just ignore the aussies...what CAN you expect from someone who is walking upside down lol...:-outtahere before the shells come down-->

FrankHi. I've pretty well given up, frankly (ho ho ... frankly, ROFL!). No doubt my brain is missing a gasket. I've long given up trying to sign in ... but, prompted by your post above, I've just been there again to start anew and I hit SIGNUP!!! on the menu bar, once more.Up comes a screen with lots of boxes. Three are required. These are EMAIL ADDRESS (mine is AOL, not a freebie) USER NAME (which I fill as Dark Moment) and NEW PASSWORD (which I put something in).Next screen says, yet again:"There Was A Problem With Your DetailsYour Passwords didn't match." The NEW PASSWORD bit is curious. Is it saying that Dark Moment has another? If so, why am I not, as you say, in your database of pending or current members?If you can answer without putting yourself out, fine, thanks. But don't waste time on it; there are other sites, and much as I would like to join you there, this is all rather too laborious! As I said at the top of this thread somewhere, this is only flightsim, not the White House! It's easier to fly from my local airport than it is to get into FSGateway! For me, anyway, but as I said, my brain not always firing on all cylinders. I blame the Sam Adams on my Cornflakes.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

OK, I've sorted it. Seems maybe it wasn't the Sam Adams after all. When I called up SIGNUP! from the FSGateway TOP menu bar on the Home Page ... as I have been doing all along through this charade .... it brings up the wrong form, seemingly, as documented above. But when I click on SIGN UP from the LEFT menu listing ... hey presto, a correct form and immediate registration.There, that wasn't so difficult, was it now, Mark? Here, have some more medicine and keep taking your pills ....Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg