Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maul

FS2004 Question: Reverse Thrust?

Guest Maul

Does reverse thrust make a comeback in FS2004?EricArea51Intel

Comeback??????? I've always had Reverse. Just need to have your throttle properly calibrated. and then hit F2Brian

I guess he meant "reverser deployment in flight" as possible on some dc-8's and/or "Beta range" feathering on props/turboprops.Torsten

That and being able to back up on some aircraft using just reverse thrust (RL DC-9s do this frequently)

"That and being able to back up on some aircraft using just reverse thrust (RL DC-9s do this frequently)"You can do this now in FS2002--just requires an adjustment to the .air file. For what it's worth, the Ariane 737 can back up in FS2004 with the default .air file setting. It doesn't do this in FS2002.... I haven't checked about reversing the engines in flight--this was only in FS98, and after that time, some "know-it-all" probably convinced the devel team that it wasn't possible. Having flown on a DC-8 back in the 70's--I've experienced it first hand :) -John

Guest Maul

Thanks John!I wasn't referring to the reverse thrust inflight, just on the ground. I really don't like to go in there an mess with the AIR file and even when I did, I didn't see that much of a difference using them after touchdown in FS2k2 as I did in FS98. I'd just like to simulate the powerbacks and reverse thrust on touchdown.Thanks for all your answers guys, much appreciated!!EricArea51Intel