Sign in to follow this  
Guest adybear

AI Aircraft

Guest adybear

Hi,Can someone remind me how I stop the AI aircraft from showing up in the aircraft selection menu...... I have hundreds of aircraft listed!!Many thanks :(

Hi,Can someone remind me how I stop the AI aircraft from showing up in the aircraft selection menu...... I have hundreds of aircraft listed!!Many thanks :(
BBQ Hide AI will work.Just open the .air file ad select AI

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

You need to get an AIR file editor. There are several available. I use Aircraft Airfile Manager and AirEd.In the editor, go to section 105 and adjust the Aircraft Type:0=Aircraft1=Rotorcraft2=Non-flyable by user (AI)Only Types 1 & 2 show in the aircraft selection window.

I think that's 0 and 1 will show up in the select aircraft menu?

I installed a program that allows you to easily remove the AI aircraft from your aircraft list (among other things). The trouble is I can't remember what the name of the software is and I'm at work right now. I'll be home in about 6 hours and can post what this great editor is.

I think that's 0 and 1 will show up in the select aircraft menu?
Oops! Thanks Tom for seeing that!I meant to say 0 and 1 will show the aicraft and 2 will disable to the aircraft from showing in the selection window. That's what I get for talking to someone and not watching what I was typing.Another interesting trick is to switch all AI aircraft to Type 0 when looking for an AI texture CTD. The selection window will crash if you select an aircraft that has a bad texture. This is an easy way to find a problem AI aircraft when you get a CTD during your flights.

Another interesting trick is to switch all AI aircraft to Type 0 when looking for an AI texture CTD. The selection window will crash if you select an aircraft that has a bad texture. This is an easy way to find a problem AI aircraft when you get a CTD during your flights.
To expand on that a bit.As I have added AI textures I used BBQhideAI to create 2 .air files, 1 labeled C_*.air (105=0), 1 labeled NO-C_*.air (105=2). (C as in see or no-see)Any time after that, with a simple re-naming of the file I can switch that model on and off in the selection window.This allows me to check if I have the textures installed correctly.Just my 2% of a dollar.Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

If anyone's interested, this is the neat little editor I use with my FS9 install: Flusifix Editor - Click on the English flag on the extreme right.It can do a whole bunch of neat stuff with FS9 and FSX including:# AI-TRAFFIC * Aircraft Selection: excludes/permits AI-aircrafts of the aircraft-select-menu * Exhaust Effect: adds exhaust effects to AI-aircrafts * Standard AI Traffic: activates/deactivates the stock traffic * Carspeed: decrases the speed of ground vehicles * Taxispeed: increases the speed of AI-aircrafts on the taxiway/runway * Traffic-Manager: setting new values for all traffic areasOTHERS * Airlines.cfg: extends the Airlines.cfg with missing airlines * Strobes and Beacon lights: improves the flash rhythm of the lights * Fuel Calculator: a small fuel planner * Gauge cleaner: finds redundant gauges * Gauge Finder: finds missing gaugesAnd so on. I highly recommend it. But please note that the program itself runs in German, but there is a very handy English manual which tells you exactly how to use the edito.

Hey Wallysworld.What a great find.This program sounds great. I'm going to d/load it and take it for a spin.I fly on-line with VATSIM most of the time, but it's also nice to do some plane spotting with the fantastic WOAI program too.Thanks for the "Heads up" on this.

Hi.Well, I downloaded and took a look at it.It looks very efficient and thorough. But, I can't use it as it's all in German. And I do not want to start altering things just by trying to "Guess" what they are suppsed to be.Oh well, shame as it looked promising.

It looks very efficient and thorough. But, I can't use it as it's all in German. And I do not want to start altering things just by trying to "Guess" what they are suppsed to be.
Steve, there is a very good English manual for the editor and can be accessed within the editor. It accurately and easily describes how to use the program. To use the program, open the manual alongside the program. Using the manual, I find it very easy to use.