Sign in to follow this  
jarga

autothrottle constantly disconnecting

hey guys got a problem with pmdg fs9 747.i get a fmc message max 134 even wen max alt page on vnav says fl350 every 5 minutes. the autothrottle also disconnects and the aircraft loses like 30knots. this happens every five minutes which makes d plane un flayable.when i check the vnav page on d fmc it says for example opt alt fl290 ,max alt fl330 but i willl get a fmc message sayin max alt 143 example followed by autothrottle disconnect and speed loss. it even happens when the joystick is disconnected. dont know wot else to do please help if u cani had also pressed the vnav button but no avail.the next thing that happens is one of the engines looses power completely and shuts down.i also notice this happens wen ever the simulation rate is increased to X4 or abovei have had this problem for nearly a year now but i got no replies. since i bought the pmdg i have never completed a single flight because of this.please dont ignore my messages anymore i need sum help :( cheers jarga

I had something similar in the MD11 FS9 today. I was flying along fine and went out of FS9 to check Active Sky. Then when I got back into FS9 about 3-5 minutes later the MD11 was crunching along the ground and had obviously crashed. The ACARDs device that my VA uses says it was an A/T disconnect or something else that caused a massive loss of speed. It was the first time I have flown the MD11 on Windows 7 64-bit.Andy S

I had something similar in the MD11 FS9 today. I was flying along fine and went out of FS9 to check Active Sky. Then when I got back into FS9 about 3-5 minutes later the MD11 was crunching along the ground and had obviously crashed. The ACARDs device that my VA uses says it was an A/T disconnect or something else that caused a massive loss of speed. It was the first time I have flown the MD11 on Windows 7 64-bit.Andy S
This is usually attributed to significant unrealistic weather changes caused by FSX's real tme weather or an external weather add-on. Make sure you have all of the weather smoothing functions, including barometric pressure smoothing, turned on. If you have a paid license to FSUIPC turn on all of the weather smoothing functions as well. Further information can be found by searching the forum.

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=245586Why are you flying at 4X speed? If you fly a highly realistic 747 simulation, you might as well fly it like the pros do, at 1X.
Forgive me, but that's a bit hard to do if you have a day-job and just a few precious evening and night hours to complete a trans-continental flight.Sure, you could leave the system running all night long and have it pause before TD so that you can do the approach and landing in the morning, but for various reasons not everyone wants the computer running all night long.IMHO, asking for the simulation to work properly at 4X speed is a valid point, regardless if that is technically possible or not.Regards,Dave Woycek

Dave P. Woycek

This is usually attributed to significant unrealistic weather changes caused by FSX's real tme weather or an external weather add-on. Make sure you have all of the weather smoothing functions, including barometric pressure smoothing, turned on. If you have a paid license to FSUIPC turn on all of the weather smoothing functions as well. Further information can be found by searching the forum.
I don't use FSX. I think I have all the weathre smoothing things set in Acitive Sky 6.5. I also don't have a licensed version of FSUIPC. Is there anything that can to be set on the unlicensed version?Andy S

The wx engines in FSX is similar to FS9, at least in this context. The registered version of FSUIPC is the most important add-on I have invested in IMHO.

Dan Downs KCRP

I use 8 sec per 1 deg/kt as the amount of dampening. Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just got the registered version of FSUIPC. I never thought it would have so many settings to use! What do I set to make it work well with the MD11 and ASv6.5?In the Miscellaneous tab I see Smooth pressure changes should this be on or off?In Clouds should Suppress all clouds tubulence be on or off?Does 8 sec per 1 deg/kt work well then? I think I read in another post by Dan Downs that Smooth pressure/temp should be set of half the default value, is this correct?Cheers,Andy S

Use pressure and temperature smoothing, and yes I use half the default but I'm sure there's individual preferences for the settings.The weather smoothing is all is use this great tool for but there are many other features that others here can point out as being helpful for them. Pete has a good forum as well, and he is usually lurking there.

Dan Downs KCRP