Sign in to follow this  
dallyborr

Landing lights...and fog

I haven't had time to try the fixes but I plan to soon. Thank you RJ for this fantastic improvement for FS9.

Thanks RJ.Now..for the holidays..spend time on...this or girlfriend :(

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I'll dable with some of the default FS9 aircraft and give my findings. I'm being very careful concerning making changes to any equipment that is or may be copyrighted. If successful, I'll post my findings in a few days. If in fact the tweaks work on equipment we can fly (not AI), I'll research if the tweaks may be published (only how-to's) not the actually files.If anyone knows whether that's allowed, please respond here. Thanks again RJ!

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Like Arnaud said, by editing the model, you are "breaking" it. However it works in FS9... so.....

Thanks RJ.Now..for the holidays..spend time on...this or girlfriend :(
Sk1nNy, I suggest you fix your AI. I'll try and post a hex fix for the girlfriend.... LOL.gifScratch that... The hex string is just too long to post :rolleyes:RJ

I'll dable with some of the default FS9 aircraft and give my findings. I'm being very careful concerning making changes to any equipment that is or may be copyrighted. If successful, I'll post my findings in a few days. If in fact the tweaks work on equipment we can fly (not AI), I'll research if the tweaks may be published (only how-to's) not the actually files.If anyone knows whether that's allowed, please respond here. Thanks again RJ!
Hi Cgbart.. Here is the default B737-400...To remove the triangle effect from the default B737-400 search for all occurances of:22003900420090000F08 change the 39 to 00 to look like this:22000000420090000F08To remove the wing cone effects from the default B737-400 search for all occurances of:3900340012010400B2000B and change the B to 0 to look like this:3900340012010400B20000To remove the nose cone effects from the default B737-400 search for all occurances of:3900340012010800B2000C and change the C to 0 to look like this:3900340012010800B20000RJ

RJ, thanks for showing me the light....LOL!Will work on some others as I have time.

YES!! RJ, I planned to do it this weekend, but friday I get visitors, then for the christmas days all have been planned by the wife, so will spend a lot of time for this as soon as I can find a day for myself.Sorry I pushed you to a turorial without a proper followup. But it WILL come, but not as soon as I anticipated.

No worries Johan.. Remember the day when ttools was released. I spent hours on AI traffic... and now in 2011, I just did it again... spent hours on my AI.. LOLMerry ChristmasRJ

Hello All...Changed default 734 using the freeware editor HxD which can be easily searched for and downloaded. Small footprint but gets the job done.The 737-400 looks great from outside view but obviously any type of ground lighting on the ground is missing (from an outside view) after the tweaks. The actual lights on the aircraft look great...but...I'm not pleased in that from the office, the "ugly" lighting is still there. I think I may research A3A add-on lights and together with RJ's tweaks give it a try for best of both worlds.

Hi Chris (cgbart) Yeah the 2D view triangle light effect is removed, but not from Virtual cockpit view. Sorry that was my mistake, let me explain. I only fly 2D panels and always remove the virtual cockpit so my instructions are mainly geared towards AI aircraft and 2D panel operators. Because I only use 2D panels, the VC view is not a concern to me. That said, you can remove the triangle light effect from the virtual cockpit view, but you'll have to experiment with that in other aircraft. In the case of the default B737-400 you can try this and see what you prefer: 1. Start with the original un-modified "B737_400.mdl" file. 2. Only make this change:To remove the triangle light effect from the default B737-400 virtual cockpit search for all occurrences of:220039000E00900008008A and change the 39 to 00 to look like this:220000000E00900008008A 3. Start FS2004 at night with 1sm visibility, turn on all lights by pressing the "L" key and you should observe this:2D view - no triangle light effect on the ground.VC view - no triangle light effect on the ground, but you'll see the cone effect.Spot view - You'll see the triangle and cone light effects. Note: I always set visibility to 1Sm to see the cone effect clearly. 4. Close FS2004 and use the modified "B737_400.mdl" file (from step 2) and make the following changes:To remove the wing cone effects from the default B737-400 search for all occurrences of:3900340012010400B2000B and change the B to 0 to look like this:3900340012010400B20000To remove the nose cone effects from the default B737-400 search for all occurrences of:3900340012010800B2000C and change the C to 0 to look like this:3900340012010800B20000 5. Start FS2004 at night with 1sm visibility, turn on all lights by pressing the "L" key and you should observe this:2D view - no triangle light effect on the ground.VC view - no triangle light effect on the ground and no cone effect.Spot view - No cone effects but you'll see the triangle light effect. 6. Close FS2004 and use the modified "B737_400.mdl" file (from step 4 - that contains all the mods) and make the following change:To remove the triangle light effect (from spot view) from the default B737-400 search for all occurrences of:22003900420090000F08 and change the 39 to 00 to look like this:22000000420090000F08 7. Start FS2004 at night with 1sm visibility, turn on all lights by pressing the "L" key and you should observe this:2D view - no triangle light effect on the ground.VC view - no triangle light effect on the ground and no cone effect.Spot view - No cone effect and no triangle light effect. As for other aircraft you'll have to experiment and do what suits your flying needs.. Hope this helpsRJ

Guys can anyone recommend a good freeware Hex Editor for this I had a bit of trouble with the last one I downloaded, Thanks in advance.Regards Nic

Nic, the one you've posted a link to is the one I use now, I downloaded thank to you, because the old one I was using was of little help. Are you having any issue with it ? It's HxD , http://mh-nexus.de/en/, quite excellent, I managed to update all my AI fleet as per RJ recommandations without any problem.

I would add this : the task is huge, for someone being reasonnably fast with PC and knowing how AI models work, lets say it takes one full day to update everything (hundreds of models).HxD is easy to use since you can drag an,d drop the .mdl files in the opened hex editor window, and it backsup the .mdl everytime you save. One day, that is: thanks to RJ's valuable and reliable posts. He must have spent much more than a day, testing, trials and errors. But the result, guys....I no longer fear the moment in FS when you're on final approach when FS' dusk is set, and all of sudden the view of the nice scenery in front of you gets destroyed by the dozens of silly triangles everywhere on the ground, or even noticable from FL390 !On a side note, here's what I've tested for you all: the hex changes wont break the built in LOD, and wont break either the .xml coding of the latest AI models like aia or tfs. So you can start whenever you want, really well worth the time it cost.Last, one should always be patient and carefull when editing your AI models, because one single small typo can screw the whole model.Thank you again, RJ :(

Thanks for the tip RJ, Can you please have a look at the following aircraft as the standard "220039000E" trick doesn't work:TFS A300Oskari Syynimaa (OSP) ATR-72All Globusworld (GWAI) aircraftRainer Mehlin (RMAI) A380Russian Air Traffic System (RATS) and Simlandmarks aircraftAndy Berry (JBAI) Learjets included in Ultimate GA packagesBTW I'm using Hex Workshop which is nice as I can just use "replace all" and also it makes backups.

Normally you can remove the triangle on all TFS models with 220039000E0090. The Tu154 Simlandmarks model dont need any fix because they dont have the triangle modelled (at least the SL models I use didnt). RJ will post the OSPs I guess, as he worked on them with success too.