Sign in to follow this  
Schulz

way off - what is the rc4 controller doing to me

Usually when you are thrown off to center from departure, you are given clearance to resume own nav above a certain altitude.

I created a quick plan (image attached) and compared it to your NE track (in red on your image). The length of the trip shows to be 86 nm.It looks like you were about halfway there when you were taken off your planned route. Did RC issue a crossing restriction to be met at about 40 nm out? If you missed it you would be taken off your route and given delay vectors until you responded with a correct change in altitude.I suspect if you were cruising significantly above the transition altitude which I believe is 5,000 feet in that area (in which case your crossing restriction might have been voiced as a "flight level", not altitude in feet, then if you did not have your altimeter set at a standard pressure of 1013 mb/29.92 in. you probably missed your crossing restriction. Please note the "B" key in FS considers global transition altitude of 18,000 feet, the FAA area one and will set your altimeter incorrectly when outside FAA areas. RC uses the local transition altitude. You can read it on the controller page in RC for each airport before you start your flight. If RC commands you to go to an altitude in feet, once your descent starts set your altimeter to local pressure. If you are commanded by RC to go to a flight level then set your altimeter to the standard pressures I listed. Don't rely on the FS B key.If you missed a checkpoint RC would vector you back until you got credit for it. You can skip a checkpoint and go on to the next by selecting the extended menu (default is 9), selecting direct checkpoint, and then select you next checkpoint.Please read through the RC 4.3 manual tutorial section where these scenarios are applied.It also looks like you may have been at the departure point where you may have received a resume own navigation command that means proceed direct from your present position to your next checkpoint, not return to your original path.A log will examine what RC expected, how your aircraft was behaving, and RC's commanded recovery.When reporting this type of problem please post your version of RC, FS, version of FSUIPC, and version of makerwys.Attach your flight plan or list the checkpoints, type of aircraft, and cruising level.Last but not least especially in a short flight things get very busy. Be sure you have no outstanding commands to acknowledge as RC waits in its processing until you issue an ack for each command.Hope this helps until your log is analyzed.

Thanx a lot for your replies!Unfortunately real life keeps me away from my virtual duties as a PIC, so until today i haven