Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbytesxk

How to back up FSX files, settings, achievements

Guest lbytesxk

HiThis coming weekend I'm going to clean install Win7 Ultimate 64 replacing my Vista Home Professional 64 edition.Basically I would like to if there is a way to backup all my settings, saved flights, repaints and achievements so when I reinstall FSX I can just restore everything.Is that possible and if yes how?thank you

Start from zero, but before deleting, do the copy of following files:standard.xml - for controls (C:\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls)fsx.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml, grantedrewards.bin (C:\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX)Whole C:\UserName\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder for saved flights and logbookWith repaints, You can copy SimObjects\Airplanes (or Rotorcraft) folder to a safe place, install everything, do a backup (Nortoh Ghost, Acronis etc.) and overwrite recently installed airplanes in SimObjects folder

Guest lbytesxk

Thank you Bartender, I appreciate your help

Guest ziporama

You will also have to re-install all add-ons as copying them will not work in your new install, simply because the license information will likely not carry over one o/s setup to the next, even on same hardware. I'd make sure you have your order numbers, serial numbers, install files and other account information handy before you do your install. Reinstalling will then be easy.Good luck, you're going to spend some time :)