Sign in to follow this  
mongo44

HELP! My AI Traffic has Vanished

If anyone has any idea why my AI traffic would disappear, I would greatly appreciate some help. I checked the forums, and all my shadows (on ground and on aircraft) are disabled. DX10 is unchecked. I ran AI Planner, and looked for FS9 files (I found two out of about 500 or 600 AI files) and converted them. I ran AIT Rep and AIT Mod to check the aircraft files and fixed them but no luck. All was fine last night. Today, I came home and purchased the Real Air Beech Duke, installed it, but then noticed the airport was empty when I took off. I checked other airports, and no traffic. I dread having to start from scratch, so if anyone has any ideas, I would welcome your comments. I have a i7 system, 6 Gb Ram, two GTX-295 video cards, and Creative x-fi titanium sound card. Thanks.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

Have you lost 3rd party AI (WOAI,ETC) or default traffic? If it's 3rd party, and you have installed your AI aircraft in a different folder other than Simobjects - Airplanes, check your FSX.CFG and see if it has the appropriate Simobjects entry pointing to that folder.

Regards, Kendall

Guest UlfB

I might be wrong, but mixing FSX and FS9 AI airtraffic bgl files will result in all AI airtraffic vanishing. Could this be the cause?

Here is what I see.If I have a FS9 style flightplan that involves KLAX, and I put that flightplan into FSX. If I go to KLAX, indeed planes using FSX flightplans are gone. However, If I look at traffic Toolbox, I see plenty of FSX planes around my area. And after a while, FSX planes start to show up at KLAX. I guess the OP could look at Traffic Toolbox, or rightclick on the sky and see if any AI is around. If so, than seems like an FS9 file is somewhere. And look that the default traffic file has not been renamed.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I might be wrong, but mixing FSX and FS9 AI airtraffic bgl files will result in all AI airtraffic vanishing. Could this be the cause?
Actually, all AI traffic doesn,t vanish,only the FSX AI traffic...You will still have the FS9 AI traffic..Reggie Fields has converted the FSX traffic.bgl,s to FS9 format so you can rename your FSX traffic.bgl,s and use his files and have all the FS9 and FSX AI traffic with no other steps necessary..Lou Link to Reggie,s site:Reggie

Actually, all AI traffic doesn,t vanish,only the FSX AI traffic...You will still have the FS9 AI traffic..Reggie Fields has converted the FSX traffic.bgl,s to FS9 format so you can rename your FSX traffic.bgl,s and use his files and have all the FS9 and FSX AI traffic with no other steps necessary..Lou Link to Reggie,s site:Reggie
While that is certainly one approach, do realize that the FSX AI Traffic "format" allows for far more control over scheduling than the FS9 AI Traffic "format."Just saying...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

While that is certainly one approach, do realize that the FSX AI Traffic "format" allows for far more control over scheduling than the FS9 AI Traffic "format."Just saying...
Good point,Bill !!......