Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1235

ILS freq. problem in fsx

Guest 1235

Just a small glitch but it's bugging me. What is the ILS freq for Chicago O'Hare (KORD) RWY27R? I had been using the old simplates 2004 and that showed the localizer to be 110.5, which does not work. Then I tried the actual current plate which lists 111.75 as the freq and that did not work either. Any suggestions? Small glitch but I like flying into Chicago and would like to use that runway if it is assigned during the approch. Thanks for any help. AH

110.5 for 27R works on my system (stock KORD).Your problem may be that FSX uses the same frequency for ILS09L (other end of same runway). I'm not entirely sure how FSX handles this, but to be safe you should be east of the airport when you tune your NAV1 radio.By the way, the FSX map will show you navaid frequencies when you put the mouse cursor over them.

I have current approach plates, and many of them don't match the FSX frequency. I'm sure you hardcore simmers run into this all the time, and I'd like to know what most of you do? Do you use a payware addon to change FSX frequencies, or change your approach plate frequency to match FSX? Does downloading updated FMS files help or hurt the cause? Thanks for any replies.Curt

Do you use a payware addon to change FSX frequencies, or change your approach plate frequency to match FSX?
Both, really, depending on the circumstances. I like to keep my navdata updated because I fly a lot online, but of course that means that the data in the FMS is slowly going out of sync with FSX. Addon scenery is one solution, but that can get expensive ...Even with addon scenery you may have to make your own edits, e.g. Aerosoft's Frankfurt addon no longer has the correct ILS frequencies. I've changed those using Airport Design Editor (it's free).I bought Flightsim Commander ages ago, and I still like to use it for the moving map (particularly convenient when trying to understand taxi instructions at a big airport), and to see what frequencies are actually in the scenery as part of preparing for arrival. That way, if my charts are too current, at least I will know before I'm on final approach! The FSX map can do the same thing, of course, it's just not as convenient (I have FSC running on an old laptop, next to my FS computer).

... I'd like to know what most of you do?
KORD is 'fun' after the new runway opened. similar situation at KMSP, KSEA ...there are freeware 'AFCADS' that update the runways. there are links and filenames for these updates if you search the VATSIM support forum.the updates are simple and in all/most cases don't include an update to make FS ATC and/or AI understand the 'new/old' runway names and locations... but, you can use these updated runways.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/