Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

TOPCAT MD11 users

Quick question for anyone using TOPCAT, does the export function work for you? I export the Cargo from a remote PC to the MD11 in real time, the Aircraft does get loaded but the FMC still uses the old weight. I can enter the correct ZFW, GW etc myself, does anyone else have this issue?Here is a random link just for the hell of it........ http://casper.frontier.nl/CheersRob Prest

Rob Prest

The 'save' function work for me but not the 'send' function. Refer to Topcat forum for discussion on this very issue.Renzo

Bill Miller

The 'save' function work for me but not the 'send' function. Refer to Topcat forum for discussion on this very issue.Renzo
Same here.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Ok thanks, just had a read on there forum. It looks like I will go back to using the PMDG Fedex MD11 profile in Fspassengers to load the aircraft real time, and then manually enter the ZFW into TOPCAT. I also noticed that TOPCAT does not use the deflected Aileron option but that's another story and FEDEX have disabled it anyway.Thanks againRob

Rob Prest

I use TOPCAT with the 11. The send via FSUIPC and Save functions both work for me. However fuel is not loaded via topcat, which lets me use the FMS to load :D. Try updating to the most recent version of topcat and check your FSUIPC / WideFS settings. I think topcats up to 2.60 now. If that doesnt work speak with Christian over in his forums at topcat. Hes great in providing support in a timely manner. Good luckJR

Guest DVA3672

Yes, the FSUIPC option never seems to work for me. I use the "Save" option into the cfg file and it works flawlessly. Another thing to remember is if you use the FMC to load the fuel, you will not get correct weight numbers (Right Click) until the aircraft is fully loaded. I found this out the hard way once.

Another thing to remember is if you use the FMC to load the fuel, you will not get correct weight numbers (Right Click) until the aircraft is fully loaded. I found this out the hard way once.
That's why on a real aircraft there's no "right-click" to put in the weight numbers. If you put them in according your load sheet as on the real aircraft, you then may do so even before starting to refuel...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest DVA3672
That's why on a real aircraft there's no "right-click" to put in the weight numbers. If you put them in according your load sheet as on the real aircraft, you then may do so even before starting to refuel...Regards,Markus
Yep. I agree. I typically put mine in by hand. I was merely stating that if you DO use this function, you need to wait until the plane is fully fueled before attempting the right click. Since the procedure is "fake," anyway and many use it, I just wanted to throw that tidbit out there. My, "found out the hard way moment" was when I was in a hurry to fly and did not know the numbers would depend on how much fuel was loaded at the time.