Sign in to follow this  
Todd Nicholson

Loosing glideslope: need help!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,it happened several times during last weeks :-(When on short final and stable on glideslope, suddendly i find myself below GS and alarm come to life: GLIDESLOPE, GLIDESLOPE, GLIDESLOPE...So i have to disable AP and manually land the plane (usually FFX 737 coupled with DF panel).What should i do at this point?Any help greatly appreciated.Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

...really nobody can help?Thanks a lotLuigi ;-)

Any one particular airport, or group of airports? Don't have the paticular combo that you're flying, but there's no question that some approaches don't always seem to work ( EGLL 27R can be bad about that on occasion and for no obvious reason). Don't know if this happens in the real world, but have seen it any number of times in FS.What about with other aircraft?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Ed,after several (tons!!!) of useless downloads i decided to stick with DF_Ariane-FFX 737 and DF panel; i also got RFP 747 but i'm still waiting for a simplified checklist, after that i'll try a transoceanic flight like a pro ;-).For my 737 i use Boyd Barker checklist v.10 (a must).The problem in my previous post does not happen at every airport but generally after a few minutes on GS the aircraft looses GS and go down so i have to disable AP and land by myself.Fuel, flaps, speed are OK so i really do not know what to do.ThanksLuigi ;-)

Luigi - It's a well-documented problem with FS2002 that has been completely fixed in FS9. There really isn't an answer for FS2002.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hi Luigi. For what it's worth RFP has to be done by the numbers; there isn't a "simplified" checklist for it.Best Regards,

"You could always hand-fly the approach like real-world pilots."Todd--Perhaps you meant to be funny, and I apologize if that's the case. If not, why does someone always come into a thread, and somehow suggest that if it ain't hand flyin', it ain't "real world"? We've had more than our share of commercial pilots come in and explain that shooting automated approaches is a skill a "real world" commercial pilot must have. Considering Luigi's question, IMHO there's no point in these comments... I suspect I can fly rings around some of the "real world" pilots posting in these forums :)