Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryan78

Adding AFCAD2 to FSX Help...

Guest ryan78

need help adding AFCAD2 to FSX ASAP please and thanks! i need folder names and how to instal it. do i put it in addon scenery or what am i doing wrong cause it wont show up in fsx???

You can place AFCADS into your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. However, I wouldn't recommend using FS9 AFCADs in FSX. I once had some of those installed in FSX via an MAIW installer and in really messed up some airports until I removed them and found FSX AFCAD/ADE's for the same airports.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest ryan78
You can place AFCADS into your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. However, I wouldn't recommend using FS9 AFCADs in FSX. I once had some of those installed in FSX via an MAIW installer and in really messed up some airports until I removed them and found FSX AFCAD/ADE's for the same airports.
i did it for Normon manley intl. but it doesnt come up in my scenery file when i got to add scenery in fsx? i tried putting it into a folder and it still didnt work, and i tried leaving it as is and i cant find it the the fsx folder when i click add scenery??? :(

Guest UlfB
need help adding AFCAD2 to FSX ASAP please and thanks! i need folder names and how to instal it. do i put it in addon scenery or what am i doing wrong cause it wont show up in fsx???
Try this one for FSX http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/

Guest Loke

Afcad designers can feel confident using ADE, as the User Interface is more or less exactly like the last version of Lee Swordy`s Afcad. For FSX I do not name my files "Afcad" no more, I name them with the ICAO. Like "engm_apx.bgl". I do this differentiate between FS9 files and FSX files.Today`s version of ADE can export both FS9 and FSX files. And it can do a lot more.

ryan,DON'T EVER add ANY scenery addons to the default Addon Scenery\Scenery or Texture folders....ESPECIALLY AFCADs. Go to the link below and read the posts in it. I have several tutorials in it, some concerning how to manage AFCADs in FSX.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=67367If you just start dumping AFCADs into the Addon Scenery\Scenery and Texture folders (despite what the instructions say to do that may come with the AFCAD), you are eventually going to royally screw up your FSX installation and scenery.Rick

Rick Ryan