Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Certified FSX or old FS9 aircraft model for FSX?

Guest UlfB

Hi all,Every now and then questions are asked if an aircraft add on is a native (certified) FSX model or a FS9 model.Using a simple (freeware) hex editor, such as Free Hex Editor Neo, you may open the aircrafts model file(s). A native FSX model file will have the text "MDLXMDLH" in the beginning of the file. A FS9 or FS8 model with have the text "MDL8MDLH".The model files are often stored in the folder ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\aircraftname\model and they have the extension .MDL.This is no news and has been discussed every now and then, but a refresh of this topic might be useful for some simmers.Phil Taylors blog OT: http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2008...ns-and-fsx.aspx

Guest UlfB
Notepad gets the job done too.
Thanks,Yes it does. I didn't even try with Notepad. Sorry :(

Yes, that method works well. MDLX is the important factor here.Any model which contains a seperate interior model is FSX as well.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest UlfB

Ron,What a coincidence that you choose the Citation X v2 as an example :( I attempted to post in the now closed thread, but it was locked.All Eaglesoft aircraft that I own are FSX native models. And they are excellent add ons :(

Ron, What a coincidence that you choose the Citation X v2 as an example :( I attempted to post in the now closed thread, but it was locked.All Eaglesoft aircraft that I own are FSX native models. And they are excellent add ons :(
Actually not a coincidence. I deliberately chose this aircraft to offset some recent scurilous claims against Eaglesoft.Truth be told there are a couple of our aircraft which have not yet been done to FSX Certied status but FSX CXE V2.0 isn't one of them.Thank you kindly for your support. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Does that stand true for AI Aircraft to, as far as being native (certified) FSX model or a FS9 model?swampwolf
The method used to examine a model file works on sim models.The reason it works is that the model compiler sets the designation, not the modeler himself. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png