Sign in to follow this  
Guest radioman81

DirectX 10: My PMDG 747-400X wireframe

Guest radioman81

Hello PMDG Support,when I switch FSX to DirectX10 then my whole wireframe of the plane disappears. What is going on here? Is the PMDG product not working with DirectX10?Refer to my screen shot please. That is very disappointing.My system is running on WIndows 7 64bit - q9650 @ 4.2 GHz and a 250 GS graphic cardPlease advise.Thanks,where_is_my_plane_directx_pmdg.jpgBart Phillips

I am guessing W7's DX11 would work better for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest radioman81
I am guessing W7's DX11 would work better for you.
So, what am I supposed to do? Develop DirectX 11 support for FSX? ;DAnyone got an idea - how to resolve that issue?Thanks guys!

Bart,Does it happen with default FS aircraft?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest radioman81
Bart,Does it happen with default FS aircraft?
No, it does not happen with the default aircrafts. It is only a problem with the PMDG models and only when I switch DirectX 10. Furthermore it is not a problem over time that occurs - it happens instantly when you select the plane from the dialog where you can select the airport / weather..etc.Isn't that weird? Is it a DirectX 11 issue - Windows 7 (64bit) comes by default with DirectX 11 - I do not have a possibility to uninstall DirectX 11 and load DX 10.Any help would be appreciated.

Bart,I use WinVista32 DX10I run FS9 which is DX9 and I run FSX.So, WinVista32 DX10 is supporting DX9. automatically.I assume Win7 DX11 will support DX10/DX9 "without loading" anything!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Bart,I use WinVista32 DX10I run FS9 which is DX9 and I run FSX.So, WinVista32 DX10 is supporting DX9. automatically.I assume Win7 DX11 will support DX10/DX9 "without loading" anything!
This looks like an issue that has been discussed. It is a problem with FSX running out of resources. Did you try turning down the sound quality or dialing back some of the sim's sliders? Further info can be found by doing a search.IMHO, I prefer DX9 to the DX10 preview mode.

Guest radioman81
This looks like an issue that has been discussed many times. It is a problem with FSX running out of resources. Did you try turning down the sound quality or dialing back some of the sim's sliders? Further info can be found by doing a search.IMHO, I prefer DX9 to the DX10 preview mode.
I have searched for that topic and I found similar issues but not mine:a ) sound hardware acceleration cannot be turned on or off in DirectX 11 in Windows 7b ) this is not a problem over time - it is an instant problemSo, as you can see this is not a topic that has been discussed at all - it is a new issue that looks similar.

I have searched for that topic and I found similar issues but not mine:a ) sound hardware acceleration cannot be turned on or off in DirectX 11 in Windows 7b ) this is not a problem over time - it is an instant problemSo, as you can see this is not a topic that has been discussed at all - it is a new issue that looks similar.
Only other time I have seen this is with a corrupted install. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 744? A number of folks on the Beta Team are running Win 7 without issues.

Guest radioman81
Only other time I have seen this is with a corrupted install. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 744? A number of folks on the Beta Team are running Win 7 without issues.
I did a repair installation. Not a deinstallation and new installation. I could give it a try.