Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

FS2004 compatibility with addons??

Guest Mike94

Hi,I wonder if any of the Betatesters has ever tried to install the FS2002-addons like Flight1's Meridian or the Golden Eagle, Cardinal, PSS Airbus or Dash8 into FS2004. Whats about the RealityXP instruments?Do these addons run without a need for a patch in FS2004? Or dont they run at all?Thanks a lot and cheers,Michael

Guest A321

here is what I know/read/heard....Reality-Xp" wont run, but they are working on a patch, so dont worry.depending on the amount of work, could have to pay a fee for patch, but only if they have to do a complete code rewrite, which they have said looks very unlikley. Dreemfleet: said they will patch for fs2004 if one is needed.CaptainSim: "gurantee "FREE" upgrade for 727 and Mig.PSS: Have said their stuff will work, but have heard conflicting stories. Iguess FSUPIC (for FSACOF) will be needed.PMDG: 737NG is already FSACOF compatible, just need's FSUPIC (for FSACOF) to make it work.FSNAVIGATOR: will be patched for free.I beleive the Eaglsoft beech 400xp works, but if like me you have it retro fited with the Reality-Xp Jetline 4, then you will have to go back to the orignal panel untill Reality-XP issue a patch.Please if any beta testers, know what works and what dont please post.Thank's in advance.PS The information I have provided may not be accurate, may not have even been stated by the developers of the products. Take this info as a guide only. Email or check the fourms of the products for definitive information.Jason

I heard active camera won't work, FSUIPC (any vers?) won't work, one of the LAGO addon acft won't work (not sure which if not all of them).Take that info with a grain of salt though... third hand.

Guest Mike94

Thanks a lot!It would be great if one of the Betatesters would jump in and shed some light into this. I'm pretty sure they tested with some addons.All other info is guesswork right now.Cheers from germany,Michael

So far, the Flight 1 Cessna 177RG, SF260 and Bill Lyons planes work just fine in FS2004. Reality XP is working on a patch, and right now does not work.I am still trying very hard to get Ultimate Traffic to work, and I know they are also working on a patch.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Are the panels fully functional with the planes you mentioned? I read elsewhere that some 2k2 panels don't work or are fps-killers. Thanks,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

The panels are fully functional and are not fps killers.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

First, thanks for the quick reply. Second, is the flight1 177rg the same as the cardinal? Didn't think the cardinal was an RG... If its not the same, does the latter function in 2k4?sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Yes, it is Flight 1's upgrade which includes retractable gear. Works great in FS2004. Great plane.

Howard