Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Flying with a friend in the same plane

Is it possible ? We want to fly both in the same plane or heli...Instructor mode doesn't allow to do it and I can't find any software to do it...Also, I can't imagine that we are the only ones who want to do it ;-) ;-)The top would be to be able to take commands at any time, like if we were student/instructor in a plane...thanx :)Elcap

As far as I'm aware the only way to do this right now would be using Luciano Napolitano's WideView (needs Peter Dowson's FSUIPC), which could give you the cockpit of the same plane on both the host and remote computer; but the remote computer would not be able to have any input. I use this method all the time on networked computers in my set up to have spot view on the other computer if I want it, as when you do that over multiple monitors off ONE computer, frame rates plummet.So, maybe you could take turns to play host computer, if you set it up that way. You could show your mate how fast you can get around the pylons at Reno, and then he could carry you as a passenger and try to beat your time!All food for thought. You'd probably have to reboot computers before the change having switched host and client DLLs in the MODULES folder. Could be done though, I think.Any one else have ideas on this for Elcap?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest outtatimeiii

In CFS3 its possible. One can be a pilot and another (can be more than 2 in a plane if your in a bomber) can be a gunner. It really is cool flying in someone's plane. I wish FS2002/2004 would do this, then you can haul virtual passengers. If there was the option to do this, I know me and my friend would be using it a lot.