Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halo001

747X

I think this is operator error, but thought I'd ask the question anyway.I entered a normal flight plan (KJKF-TNCM), entered all necessary information, weight, flaps, etc. and a cruise altitiude of FL330. When I when to the legs page the altitude shown was FL410 and other than line selecting each WP, I couldn't get the altitude to change. I've not noticed and as far as I know have never had the problem with FS9 737 or 747.I'm using FSX /acceleration pack, XP SP3, 3G dual core, 2G memory. Jim Angel

reducedJim-signature.jpg

I think this is operator error, but thought I'd ask the question anyway.I entered a normal flight plan (KJKF-TNCM), entered all necessary information, weight, flaps, etc. and a cruise altitiude of FL330. When I when to the legs page the altitude shown was FL410 and other than line selecting each WP, I couldn't get the altitude to change. I've not noticed and as far as I know have never had the problem with FS9 737 or 747.I'm using FSX /acceleration pack, XP SP3, 3G dual core, 2G memory. Jim Angel
Hello sir;Well from my experience in this aircraft PMDG 747, you can only change the final curies level in VNAV page, when you are NOT Climbing or Descending, so I suggest that you try doing it again, and when you want to change the FL in VNAV, press on ALT. HOLD first, same as PMDG MD-11..Hope it works.Thanks.

Ibrahim Nassef

Thanks for your reply. I think I tried that sitting on the ground, but I'll give it another try.
I think I may have figured out the problem. I loaded a flightplan generated by simroutes and one generated by FSBuild. With the simroutes plan, the altitude was arbitrary...if I entered a cruise of 330, the plan would show 370 or 410, no rhyme are reason. With FS Build plan, everything worked as it should. I need to experiment a little more, but I'm sure it's not an airplane problem now.

reducedJim-signature.jpg

It's a estimation with step climbs for fuel calculations. If you want to get rid of it, change the step climb profile to 0 from ICAO.

Kevin Hester,

Indianapolis, Indiana