Sign in to follow this  
jd

713 and unregistered dll's

This error message usually means you are missing a particular system file that RC needs to runs. To fix it do the following:The problem is that file system file name is not registered with Windows Open a DOS box (Start|All Programs\Accessories\Command Prompt) (for windows 7 and vista users, click start, type cmd into the search box, and press ctrl-shift-enter, this launches it as admin)for 32 bit users:At the prompt type the following:Cd \windows\system32 (press the enter key)The prompt will change to this:C:\WINDOWS\system32>for 64 bit users:At the prompt type the following:Cd \windows\syswow64 (press the enter key)The prompt will change to this:C:\WINDOWS\syswow64>Type the following:regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll (enter missing system file name herethen type the following:regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll (enter missing system file name here

Mod edit: There are four files that generally all need this registration process for RCV4 to run in Win 7/8/10: msstdfmt.dll, comdlg32.ocx, mscomct2.ocx, and mscomctl.ocx

Edited by w6kd
mod edit: added the four common missing modules
  • Upvote 2

Jd Thank you, I will keep this for future reference...I just re-installed and all is back to normal...:(

Guest DerekJB

I'm having the same missing DLL error, but the registration command won't work because I don't actually have the DLL. I have a new system with Win7-64 on it. I'm reluctant to just go anywhere on the web and grab a file with that name. Is there a reason why this file is required, but not part of the normal windows install?

Guest DerekJB

Got it working, but with a modification.The link that was provided to get VB6 runtime files installed did not add msstdfmt.dll to my system, so I went to ascentive to get it.http://www.ascentive.com/support/3124InstallList.htmlThen I put it in \windows\system32, registered it using regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll and it worked.Thanks!Derek

Jd,I tried to install RC to my new Window7 64. I followed your instructions as follows:for 64 bit users:for 64 bit users:At the prompt type the following:Cd \windows\syswow64 (press the enter key)The prompt will change to this:C:\WINDOWS\syswow64>Type the following:regsvr32 /u for 64 bit users:At the prompt type the following:Cd \windows\syswow64 (press the enter key)The prompt will change to this:.......... But my registry 32 didn't contain " msstdfmt.dll" I searched dll file in web and downloaded to my PC document folder, from "Dll.Download.Com" Oh!! what a mess. and copy/paste to Regitry32. But , every time when I typed the following: regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll . Still it cannot find the Dll.file. Here I am stuck.Need your help. Another problem with me I don't have much knowledge for Cmd. area.Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I solved the proplem . RC is working,Case closed.Thanks :(

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Hi I downloaded the dll from the site that DerickJB gave put it in thesystem32 file and run the regsvr32 was informed dllunregisterserver in msstdfmt.dll succeededbut I am still getting the error messageop system windows vista any help please Alf

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Alf,under vista and Windows7 you need to put the .dll into the \WINDOWS\syswow64 folder, not the system32 folder.Regards,................Adrian19

Hi Adrian.I don't have a syswow64 folder I put it in the system32 and I've now got it runnig but thanks for the infoAlf

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Hi,Windows 7 64 bit here. I do exactly as told, and can not register this thing. Can someone assist me please?EDIT: IT WORKED.

Tom Link

Guest STARSINYOUREYES

Can i ask how, because i cannot get this damn file to work whatsoever :(

No luck for me either. W7 x64.The file is not found when the command line is run.

NAX669.png

Rebooted computer and tried it again. SUCCESS!

NAX669.png

hi all can some one help having the same problem unnable to find the missing dll keep getting the error after typing msstdfmnt.dll says cant find the dll file using w7 64 bit

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Jd can u help i got the file regreisted finally but still getting the error still i placed the file in my windows/syswow64 any help anyone who manged to get it working

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg