Sign in to follow this  
jd

713 and unregistered dll's

finally manage to get it to work at last after many attempts

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am getting this error, Help!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I shouldn't have to do this to get a program I payed good money for,to get running! Why don't you come on over and fix my subway trains for me, where I work?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I have tried everything suggested by users here and still cannot get it to work. Jd, what do you mean by "insert missing file name here"? What exactly is the missing file name? Should I be entering the prompt into the CMD window EXACTLY how you have it written?It continues to tell me that it cannot find the .DLL file. I am running Win7 x64. This is becoming really frustrating, seeing as I just got this new machine, all I want to do is fly... :/Thanks,Matt

Gents,I had the same problems as described in earlier posts.The trick I used was to enter CMD in the start search bar and then instead of hitting enter to run the command prompt is right klick om the CMD icon that appears above the search bar and run it as administrator.Then I completed the procedure as posted and RC now works like a charm.Hope this helps.By the way my OS is Win7 x64Greetz!!

Edit: nevermind got it working. I guess before somehow I wasn't running command prompt as admin. *facepalm*

Guys,I have tried everything as above, rebooting, placing msstdfmn.dll in syswow64, running cmd in administrator mode, etc, etc, etc.Everything I've done I keep getting the same message that the module is not found.I've never managed to get Radar Contact running yet so would dearly love to give it a go, can anyone advise what I might be doing wring?ThanksWillie G

New Rig. Windows 7. 32 Bit. Error 713 and the missing file MSSTDFMT.DLL Followed JD's initial instructions.................Unsuccessful.Found file in Windows/sysWOW folder. Downloaded new file from Ascentive. Returned to JD's initial instructions but for 64 Bit rig rather than 32.bit, and followed instructions given by 'tom55', right clicking on cmd at top of Search page and 'Run as Administrator. Success was at last achieved.As a newbie I have found that running as administrator right from applying for the Registration Key can avoid some problems.My thanks to JD, DerekJB and Tom55.

when i buy a new car iam not expected to program the engine to get it to start and so it should be withRC4 this is not a new problem letters dated 2010 complain about it i purchased it 2 days ago my system is windows 7 64bit the wow file is installedalso the required filed though dated 2004 downloaded latest file thanks to one of the members carried out you instructions to a point then due to lack of knowledge i got stuck you have written two statements .are they all in one string or seperate if so how do you do it . at the end is enter pressed to carry out changes and where it says missing file is msstdfmt added to statement it seems strange because my file is not missing , at the risk of sounding pedantic could not this file be installed on loading or at leastsupplied with download or cd. if you could supply me with a detailed way of getting me into RC4 assume that i have very little knowledge of CMD proceadure. i would be grateful. regards fcann

Another download site: There is a legitimate copy here. From my installation on XP original installation:07/14/2000 23:00 PM 118,784 msstdfmt.dll From the zip file downloaded from the link below:04/03/2000 22:05 PM 118,784 msstdfmt.dll The file size is identical so it should be safe to install. Here is the link I found:http://www.dll-files...hp?dll=msstdfmt I guess the pop-up link will not load the direct download page. On that link I supplied this page will pop up and scroll down and click this outlined link first: then click the outlined link to get the zip: I extracted it and scanned it with AVG and it was found to be clean. just download the dll and extract it to a temporary folder. You don't need the utility. Copy it to the correct system folder and follow the instructions in the pinned topic to register it. msstdfmt.dll was excluded from all Win installations after Win XP but checking on the MS technet site shows it is compatible through Win 7.

Hi guys, Have received this error message ALL day............ after following every suggestion in this thread. JD: Could you please clarify what you mean when you state enter missing file name here? (are we supposed to type msstdfmt.dll ?) ........ and are there any spaces or returns/enter in your instructions. Having researched Microsofts tech I have located and downloaded: the missing msstdfmt.dll and placed this DLL file into my Windows\System64 folder...........I have then proceeded to follow your instructions via CMD (run as Admin) for 64 bit users:At the prompt type the following:Cd \windows\syswow64 (press the enter key)The prompt will change to this:C:\WINDOWS\syswow64>Type the following:regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll (enter missing system file name here) .............. NOT sure what file your refering to?then type the following: ........................................ should we enter or return after the above instruction or does the text continue on the same line ?regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll (enter missing system file name here) ................ NOT sure what file your refering to? sorry if this is basic stuff to you, but to me having (never had to enter CMD before) I just want to make sure I follow your instructions correctly. For your info I'm running Windows 7 64bit and Radar Contact 4.3 Many thanksJohn

Missing file name refers to the .ocx or .dll name in case you need to install something else instead of msstdfmt.dll in which case you'd substitute that name instead in the example command line. The example is already setup so disregard the 'enter missing file name here' stuff. in the CMD window just hit the Enter/Return key and the command will activate. In Win XP CMD window here's what it might look like: Disregard my customization of the command prompt as I have it to show the current folder.

Hi Ronzie, Thanks for getting back to me, however I'm still having difficulty. Because I'm running Windows 7 64bit do you happen to know if I should place the MSSTDFMT.DLL into the WindowsSystem32 folder or the Windows 64 folder ? This is how Ive executed your instructions: 1) Open CMD (via run as admin)2) TYPE: Cd \windows\syswow64 THEN PRESS RETURN3) THE CMD WINDOW NOW READS: C:\WINDOWS\syswow64>4) TYPE:regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll - IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ABOVE TEXT5) THE CMD WINDOW NOW READS: C:\WINDOWS\syswow64>regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll 6) TYPE: regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll - IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ABOVE TEXT7) THE CMD WINDOW NOW READS: C:\WINDOWS\syswow64>regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dllregsvr32 msstdfmt.dll If I now hit ENTER I get a message saying the DLL failed to load check binary etc Can anybody please verify that what Im entering into the CMD window is correct and the results that CMD window is presenting is as expected. Many ThanksJohn

Hi Guys, Just to let you know Ive managed to get RC4 up and running, for anybody else having difficulty with this, I eventually solved the issue by the following method. 1) copied the DLL and placed one copy into the System32 folder and one into the System64 folder2) Followed the original instructions given by JD, However I hit the ENTER KEY after entering JD's code/input text. and after doing so CMD found and recognised the DLL. RegardsJohn