Sign in to follow this  
jd

713 and unregistered dll's

I have just installed RC4.3 on my 32 bit system WIN 7 but immediately encountered the dreaded Runtime error 713.Not being a techie and reading the relevant posts I just did not fancy ther DOS repair routine!I found this "freebie" ; www.dll-files.com/fixer_download_go1.php?x-splittest=axdll=msstdfmt Such freebies are usually a come-on but this one worked for me.So any other sufferes, give it a whirl! | | Note my iunclusion of "|" in two places is to indicate there is _ which is obscurred by the underline.Dave Wightman

What you wanna do is: Before anything, go to the site that ronzie posted and download the .dll and place it in your sys32 and syswow64 folders. 1. Press Start on the bottom left of your screen2. Type in cmd in the search bar, wait for it to pop up, right click it, and select run as admin.3. Now, type Cd \windows\syswow64 and press the enter key on your keyboard.4. Now, the prompt will change to C:\WINDOWS/syswow64>5. Now, RIGHT after the > with no spaces, type regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE).6. Now, after you've pressed enter, you'll get a little pop-up in a blue box saying that unregister was successful. Now you want to register it so you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE).7. Now, you should get a pop-up in a blue box saying that the register was successful. Enjoy!

PMDG_Lover - your explanation is 100% spot on. I've spent 2 hours tonight trying to sort this but yours is the only way of getting it potted. Thanks.To everyone else:1) Do the uninstall via Cmd prompt2) Do the installThat's not at all clear, till you read all of the above. There are 2 steps. If you're like me, you'll spend ages doing the first only. That won't work without part 2. See what is said, in the last post, and you will succeed.

Paul Skol

I got the successful message after following the instructions but when I paste my serial into the field, it seems to crash. Everytime I start RC, it keeps requesting the serial.What else do I need to do?Windows 7 64bit

Hi Guys, I would like to thank "Boeing 737-800" for the clear step by step Instructions that worked fine for me, just follow them andyou cant go wrong. Good job Derian. :(

I struggled for almost two hours trying to figure this out.. downloading various runtime packages and such.. my problem was the missing msstdfmt.dll file.

I did as JD's instructions but nothing worked!!!! Even shut down antivirus.. I finally actually read up on the regsvr32 command actually did!

Anyway, in the end I left out the /u option so the command was: regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll

and it worked!

Good luck ya'll.

Yes, thank you Boeing 737-800, your instructions are clear and they worked for me first time,

Best wishes, John M.

Could anyone provide me with a link where it's safe to download the msstdfmt.dll file from? The two links that are provided in this thread arent working for me.

Thanks in advance!

Okay, I have read the above posts and have had no luck. In fact one attempt caused a further error message with a different missing file. I downloaded a paid for copy of the dll.files fixer program which I was told would fix the problem but it didn't (goodbye to 40 bucks!). I have used Radar Contact for many years over the span of several computers and never had a problem (this is my second machine with Windows 7x64 and it worked fine on my last one). JD has provided me with several solutions and none have worked.

What I find confusing are some of the above posts which show the path to type in but the spaces (are there supposed to be spaces and if so are those shown in the examples correct or typos?).

Could someone please confirm, if you would be so kind, an example as it would appear exactly in CMD Prompt screen? This would be a great help, I think - for me anyway. What I mean is an example in layout form as if you were entering it for real.

I guess this sounds a bit lame on my part but I know there would still be others out there who would be confused because, like me, are a bit out of their depth.

I wouldn't like to have to say goodbye to Radar Contact and would realyy appreciate more input from those more knowedgable and fam iliar with CMD Prompt and .dll files

Regards,

John G :Hypnotized:

Success! Just as Boeing 737-800 says, I downloaded the msstdfmt.dll file directly from ronzie's link, using "DOWNLOAD ZIP-FILE >" button on that web page (never mind the "scroll down to attachment=30496:msstdfmt.dll 1 page" stuff). Extracted the zip to a folder and copied it into windows system32 and syswow64 folders, then, using command prompt, unregistered and then registered it. Bingo! It is important to get the spacing and the spelling right. I made several typo errors at first. The more frustrated you get, the more likely you'll screw it up. I think that a lot of the frustration people are having is with the wording of the solutions. A few correctly placed quotation marks, succinct phrasing and more careful typing would go a long way but I guess we can't expect computer geeks and pilots to be grammar geeks as well. I've just upgraded from XP 32 to Win 7 64 so doing complete re-install FSX. Now I can move on to the next problem, whatever it may be. There's always something but it's always a good learning experience. Thanks JD, ronzie, Boeing 737-800, and all other sufferers.

Not having the software install everything that it needs to run is one thing (not nice, but I can live with it).

But then having a sticky in the forum which is difficult to understand because the author didn't even bother separating sentences with the appropriate interpunctuation or even better bother with making it a step-by-step indication with a separate line for every step is something I struggle with.

The programming work is fantastic, but one can see it was done by somebody whose outstanding qualities in programming, understanding of ATC and great passion for his work are more developed than his ability to explain to "normal" people how to fix certain things. A pity actually.

May I suggest to jd or someone else to re-formulate the sticky or make it two stickies (one for 64bit user,, one for 32bit) and explain things like this:

1. Do this

2. Do that

3. CLick this

Rather than all in one sentence with things that many people obviously have trouble understanding. I am a computer USER, not a an informatics geek

According to Microsoft Community support. This file MSSTDFMT.DLL is supposed to be installed by the software being provided... In other words RC4 should have installed this software! Since it didn't install properly how about the software/program developers of RCv4.3 provide a link to the file so we can install it in its proper location, It is not located anywhere on my system nor am I able to find it anywhere on the web.

For anyone else considering buying this product, I seriously suggest you determine if you have this .dll file on your system and properly registered within your Windows system BEFORE you even bother to purchase Radar Contact v4.3.

This was not meant as a "Yell" but a large attention print for those that follow so that they can avoid some serious inconvenience.

Regards

Unfortunately this is NOT the only problem. For a program that claims to be FSX compatible it is a scandal NOT to load FSX flight plans!!! THINK before you buy it!

Jack

Unfortunately this is NOT the only problem. For a program that claims to be FSX compatible it is a scandal NOT to load FSX flight plans!!!

Jack

Jack, i've been using it for years with fsx as well fs9 and it load flightplans for both sims.

Have you updated it to v4.3.3845?

With running this update you can choose install for fsx.

Then you must update the fsuipc v4853 full install,updated it with v4859d and makerwys v4613

John

John Cramer

John

I bought it 2 days ago, downloaded 4.3.3845 (what I hope is) the latest version, no update, installed it, have latest FSUIPC (4859d payware) but I have NOT the option to import .flt files ONLY .pln and .apl files on the main screen.

Jack