Sign in to follow this  
jd

713 and unregistered dll's

Glad you sorted out, Jack

I'm using it with multicrew experience and enjoying it so much more

Happy flying

John

John Cramer

I would also like to thank the Ronzie/737-800 team for their help, step by step, and problem solved.

For ronzie's link download the. dll zip file and not the .dll fixer.

Funny, not a peep from the developers, hello anyone home?

These 2 posts should be at the top of the thread.

Pete.

The developer coder jd monitors the regular forum topics. There is also a volunteer team like myself that also functions as beta testers and support when needed.

At the time RC43 was developed Microsoft included all of the .dlls and .ocx files in Windows releases up to XP.  Any security problems with these modules would be taken care of by Windows updates. If RC included this, then it would not be updated with service packs.

These .dlls are not exclusive to RC but also some apps developed in other Microsoft software languages.

I am also getting the 713 error each time I try to load a flight plan. I just got RC4 this evening. I have Windows 7 and I tried the steps but I guess the file RC4 needs is not on my computer. Is there an updated place where I can DL it from or something?

I DL'd the file the program said it needed and I put it in the right windows folder. RC4 still won't work and I get the same error. What else can I try? Is there another part to getting this to work besides just putting the file in the Windows system file or did I not even put it in the right place?

You know, the folks that "finally got it fixed, case closed" or "finally managed to fix it" could perform a service by sharing exactly how they did it. What I take away from this section is, yeah, there's a problem, and download this, and do that, and a lot of the time it doesn't work, but sometimes people can get it to work. 

???

I got it to work. Here are the things I did wrong. In a nutshell, if you follow the directions EXACTLY, it should work. I got the missing dll as advised: MSSTDFMT.DLL and put it in SysWOW64 (since I have a 64-bit Windows 7 OS).

I didn't know how to use the command prompt properly. I did use it as administrator, but found I needed to put in the whole directory to get to SysWOW64 , i.e. cd\windows\syswow64 

My biggest mistake was in not putting in regsvr32 before MSSTDFMT.DLL after everything. I got wrapped up in the other stuff, and had left the FAQ, and just forgot that step.

Hopefully, some frustrated person might recognize the same error. Now RCV4 works fine. I'm glad to have more realistic flights now.

• Upvote 1

Purchased RC 4.3 this morning and keen to have a play but am receiving the 713 error message. Like most, I am running Win7 64 bit. I thought I was on my way when I finally received the message

"DllUnregisterServer in msstdfmt.dll succeeded."

Did a re-boot, cranked up Radar Contact, put in a plan and BANG.......

"Run-time error 713:

Class not registered. You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL"

To say I'm frustrated with this would be an understatement. Any assistance greatly appreciated

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

Derian's instructions one page back worked for me. I dowloaded the dll from here.

What you wanna do is: Before anything, go to the site that ronzie posted and download the .dll and place it in your sys32 and syswow64 folders. 1. Press Start on the bottom left of your screen2. Type in cmd in the search bar, wait for it to pop up, right click it, and select run as admin.3. Now, type Cd \windows\syswow64 and press the enter key on your keyboard.4. Now, the prompt will change to C:\WINDOWS/syswow64>5. Now, RIGHT after the > with no spaces, type regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE).6. Now, after you've pressed enter, you'll get a little pop-up in a blue box saying that unregister was successful. Now you want to register it so you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE).7. Now, you should get a pop-up in a blue box saying that the register was successful. Enjoy! 

That should work for you as well  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Thanks Jean-Paul, that did the trick. I missed the last string of text (I only got as far the "/u" string - old eyes!! & missed the next step).

Cheers

Steve

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

I was assisting a RC4 user yesterday and we only managed to get the dll registered once I'd followed Tim's post 4 up from this one. Thank you for that Tim.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

:mad:

you are all lucky I paid for this 3 days ago and they never sent me the activation key!! emailed the numerous times with still no response!!