Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

J41: Three new (fictional) repaints

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest UlfB

Thanks a lot. Very much appreciated :(

Seems a shame to delete such a post because the user cannot remember to sign her name.This is not optional here...FWIW: The last image is of a J41 rebuilt by NorthStar Aviation. They assisted PMDG with the J41 development process and not incidentally, are rehabbing most of my airline's old J41s...Batting Eyelashes:hances are that I've flown the one in that image. :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Seems a shame to delete such a post because the user cannot remember to sign her name.
Oh, dear Mr. RSR... I'm very disconsolated that I've forgot my name... :( Maybe, one day I make a own signature here at AVSIM....And here it is:Guenter Steiner

Guenter Steiner

how to download? the link dont working??Thank you Maik Fueeg

I can't say... here the links are working.Can you go manually to "friendlyflusi.at", there to "downloads", look for "repaints" and search for the J41...?On the right Bottom you can see "Datei downloaden", this is the download link.Anybody else problems?

Guenter Steiner

I can't say... here the links are working.Can you go manually to "friendlyflusi.at", there to "downloads", look for "repaints" and search for the J41...?On the right Bottom you can see "Datei downloaden", this is the download link.Anybody else problems?
****Hello,When you log into the PMDG forum you can go to:"My Controls".Then on left side scroll down to:"Personal Profile" and select "Edit Signature".Enter your first and last name in the edit box and then save it.Now your name will be automatically added to any of your posts.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

ok ok I see, I have to do this.... :( better now? ;-)

Guenter Steiner

ok ok I see, I have to do this.... :( better now? ;-)
Guenter,Yes, it is better.Because it is possible to "read" what you have to say on your reply posts.It is not possible if your post gets deleted.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

[Great to fly in Germany, I have so many good airports with AES there.I noticed a problem with the textures when I turn the wing ice or logo lights, they look funny.Please let me know how to fix this.Danny

Oh yes, Danny...I have this never checked, I'm sorry.But I can see it here, too.Unfortunately I have to say that I have no ideas how to fix it.I have no clue what I have made wrong with it. Seems theres a night texture failing.if somebody has a solution, please let me now I will try to fix it...

Guenter Steiner

HiIs the problem with the wing when the ice detection lights are on what appears to be a luminous strip along the underside wing outer panel along with almost all of the top outer panel, if it is then I have spent nearly all weekend trying to fix one of my paints, and eventually came up with a process that worked at last.Once I had got the wing template how I wanted it, used the flatten and the flip vertical as usual, I then used the copy and paste to put the flattened template into an existing wing file and saved as DDS (DXT5 No Mips) Then coming to the specular file, I did the same procedure, once I had my specular as I wanted it. I did a copy and pate into an existing specular file and used the same save as routine.I still have no idea why it should make a difference if I made my own files rather than copying and pasting into an existing file, but if I don

Hi again GuenterI thought that my method sounded to easy, and I have just been hit again by the same problem, so this time I made a note of my steps as I went so here goes (99.9% of the post below you will know, but I thought that I would post it the same as the notes I made whilst doing it).Firstly copy an existing PMDG texture folder into you repaint directory.Then fire up Photoshop and work on your texture, when all is well use the flatten command for the layers.Select all and flip vertical, then open the PMDG_J41_Fuselage_T.dds texture from the copied texture folder and paste the flipped texture into it.Without merging the image do a save as, and select DDS, this should open an explorer window with the folder that you opened the PMDG_J41_Fuselage_T.dds texture from, just highlight/select the original PMDG_J41_Fuselage_T.dds texture and click save.When the Nvidia save window comes up, you need to select DXT5 (which should be the default) and make sure that you check the option for no MIPS.That

Guenter... they are great, particularly the two LH paints... gives me a reason to go back to Germany in FSX... is that ice light texture issue mentioned here sorted by any chance?Now, all I need is GEX Europe to improve the picture a little... the default autumn/winter textures in FSX look really silly in Germany...Andrew

Hi Jim and all,thanks for your hints about the ice light issue...I'll try to fix it the next few days, please be patient!(in the meanwhile I recommend to fly in some nice carribean sceneries... where no ice is suspected :( )

Guenter Steiner