Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flamin_Squirrel

747 ZFCG

Hi all.I have both the MD-11 and 747, and I've realised when setting up the FMC they both ask for ZFW, but only the MD-11 prompts for ZFCG. Anyone have any insight into why the 747 doesn't ask for this information?Jordan Forrest

Jordan Forrest

Noone? :(
Boeing and McDonnell Douglas had some very different design & engineering philosophys. In my humble opinion the US aircraft industry & the world benefited from their competition. They both made and make great airplanes. My guess on the MD-11 is that the ZFCG was variable enough to warrant pilot input to ensure a safe T/O CG. Getting it wrong on an aircraft like that was a mistake you only made once.

Lee Adams

JAFO

It depends on the specifications of the CDU. Boeing and Douglas doesn't make CDU's (Honeywell and PIP are two CDU manufacturers), but they can specify the layout of the UI in the CDU from the manufacturer for the airliner ordering the aircraft. The CG should be in the load sheet, so remember to write it down when loading the aircraft.You can override the 744's CG estimate if it disagrees with the load sheet, but usually it won't.

Kevin Hester,

Indianapolis, Indiana