Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Why do you buy?

Hmmmm, this was specific to FSX, wonder why it ended up moved.
Because the first thing I consider is FS9 compatibility :( After that, I consider how much I would actually use it, then I look at the feature list, and what others have said, and what issues are present. No offense to the reviewers, but I have seen Positive reviews of planes that others have described as "Craptastic". The last thing for me is price: If I will use the addon constantly, no price is to high. The less I will use it, the more price affects my decision.

Joe Sherrill

My purchase rules are, boy this exchange is going to hurt. Although in CANADA now as the above poster mentioned it isn't too bad. I eventually bite the bullet and buy. It becomes I gotta have it.JimCYWG

Hmmmm, this was specific to FSX, wonder why it ended up moved.
I wondered the same thing. It would get much more attention there. Some devs probably don't even know Hangar Chat exists...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest PPSFA

I guess I should have titled it " Why do you buy FSX products" Come on Admins, move it back! :(

......Thats me, what about you, what do others looks for?
I only buy GA titles these days, especially if they are the old steam gauge cockpits since the Allegro I took lessons in had such gauges. I'd say the Real Air Duke or Carenado titles sums up what I look for--that level of detail, down to the seams in the fabric, to make me feel as much as possible as if I am in a real GA cockpit. Just about every aircraft I've bought has some issues, but most are cosmetic and easily dismissed if the rest of the cockpit detail is good. Good service? Justflight's Duchess come to mind. A number of users raised issues and Justflight listened to just about all of them as I recall, and updated their model very quickly. Shows service does not come at a steep price, the Duchess was the least expensive title I purchased this year or just about any year.I came to the sobering realization yesterday after buying another Carenado title, I've spend several hundred on add-ons over the past five years or so. But it is worth it--I always fly every aircraft I purchase for a good ten or eleven hours before I settle down and enjoy something else in my library but all the aircraft I've purchased get my attention every weekend or so. On average I pay about $30 for an add-on, that ends up to $3.00 an hour for wonderful entertainment or perhaps better said "edutainment".Regards,John