Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

J41: you want cold and dark? Here you go...

I'm working on another Lua file for more commands, again learning from your and Tom's (Thanks Tom) stuff here. I'm no programmer but I've figured out most of it except the lines like "ipc.control(66587, 8010)". Could you explain to me what this does, how do you know what the numbers should be and where do you get them from.
i have written a small tutorialhttp://www.forums.simflight.com/viewtopic....=54&t=78335Here I describe how you can get out the numbers.What the numbers do, you have to find out by try and error. There's no other way.I always have a little LUA file called "testfile.LUA" which is assidned to a "test" button.You can change and save LUAs "on the fly", means with FS running, no reloading needed, so this is a very good method to try out the commands:just insert the lines you want, save and see what happens.In LUA documents and examplesPetes FSUIPC forumyou will find the LUA LIbrary.There are many commands explained, also ipc.control, ipc. writeLVar and ipc.readLvar and so on.ipc.control(66587) referes to the control number which can found in the FSX controls.PDF in your modules folder.66587 means ROTOR_BRAKEPMDG uses ROTOR_BRAKE and different parameters (8010) to make different actions.the parameter 8010 is (as I remeber right) just a click sound for a knob.The main knob control in the J41 is done by LVars....Best way is to make a LUA testfile and try out....Hope this helps a little bit...p.s. I'm also no programmer :(And yes, you are right, I was a little bit lazy with the switchguards.Always wnated to add them but forgot.... thanks

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guenter - Thanks for this - exactly what I needed. All my Lua commands worked but the sounds weren't always there. Using the FSUIPC logging facility to find the ipc controls I've added them to my Lua file and I've now got the sounds working too. My additional Lua commands file is now almost ready and I hope to post it here in the next couple of days.Even more brilliant is I use the GoFlight configuration software for commands like Taxi and Landing lights that are FSX standard but the switches had no sound. Using FSUIPC as shown in your tutorial I've now also got the switch sound as well. Isn't FSUIPC just a fantastic programme. Always the first add on I would buy for FS.Thanks again. I love flying the J41 using hardware and thanks to you now I can! :( Richard Cooke