Sign in to follow this  
Guest Itay Zecharia

Multiplayer problem (FS9)

Guest Itay Zecharia

1. DirectXAfter uninsatlling FS9, and istalling it again with no addons at all, I've decided that the first thing which should be installed it's the FSINN / SB4.I am sure that my problem is that:http://www.squawkbox.ca/doc/context/startmp.php I've tried to download and install the last version of DirectX9 from Microsoft's website. and during installion I've got this msg:90215873.jpgThe problem is that I can't install any DirectX on my computer.How can I check if I have any DirectX installed?2. dxdiagI made a search on my hard drives for this file dxdiag.exe as described here-http://www.squawkbox.ca/doc/context/startmp.php I have found this file in "Truck Simulator 2008" that my brother downloaded, which means again, as I think - I don't have any DirectX installed in my system.After finding the file dxdiag.exe and running it, I followed the instructions in this page-http://www.squawkbox.ca/doc/context/startmp.php And during running of this file dxdiag.exe I am getting this error msg:85224025.jpgAfter pressing OK a several times, in order to go on and reach for the next pages,I am going to the Network tab as described-

[b]Click on the Network tab. Then click the Test DirectPlay button. A dialog labelled DirectPlay Test will appear. Ensure Create New Session is selected and click OK. If there are any errors reported during the test then you have a general problem with your DirectPlay system. This is most often caused by an inappropriate router configuration on your local network. Contact your router manufacturer for information on fixing this problem. If there are no errors reported during the test then the problem is SquawkBox specific. In this case you may want to seek further assistance on the SquawkBox support forum.[/b]

49460752.jpgAs you see - I can't press the "Test DirectPlay" button, and all the lines above are "Error".I'm sure in 99% that the problems described here are the cause for the problem of my SB4 / FSINN multiplayer.Running Win XP SP3.Do you have any idea what can I do in order to solve it?Thank you all,Itay.

This wont be much help, but as no-one else has come in yet...The problem seems to be with DirectX registry component - could be a corrupt file. Try downloading Dx 9.0c again and reinstallingDave

Couple of ideas.Did you try turning on Cryptographic Services before trying to install DirectX?Check in c:\Windows\System32 for dpnet.dll. This is the DirectPlay file shown as missing in your dxdiag screenshot.My gut feeling is you have turned off a bunch of services to get better FS performance. That's fine, but you may need to turn them back on to perform the DirectX up date.You don't give any system specs, but am I correct in reading that you had FS9 installed on this machine before and it ran OK?regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif