Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

"Desert Island FS"!!!!

Guest danowat

Hi,I was wondering on the drive home from work tonight, what addons are not going to work with FS2004 and what I would really miss if I could not use them.This got my onto thinking what would be my "Desert Island" addons, I decided that I could take 2 planes, 2 scenery and 2 utlity addons on my Island.It was a lot harder than I thought to pick, so here are minePlanes1) AFG YS-11, Why?, well it is unique, it is a great package, and one of the only FS2002 planes that will punish you if you thrash the engines2) Aerosoft ATR, Well I have a passion for turboprop twins, and this one is one of the best, a great complete packageScenery1) & 2) Would have to be 2 of G Simmons UK2000 scenery packages, I love these packages, and being from the UK they are Ideal for me.Utility1) Well without a shadow of a doubt it would have to be FSUIPC2) Probably Weathermaker, it makes random weather so easily, at the touch of a button, Ideal for me.Well they are mine, I would love to hear yours!!!!.ThanksDan.

Hey Dan, you forgot the really super long extension cord to the mainland for the power to your PC! LOLTough decision, aircraft, I would have to go with the Cessna 421, it fits most occasions and with it I have a "hot" companion (my repaint!)! LOL, and the default bell 206, again, fits most occasions and I really enjoy flying it!Scenery is tough, while I enjoy checking out add on packages, there are not any I visit on a regular basis other than my own. Suffice to say I will use that to add to the utility wish list and have FSSC, NOVA, and Paint Shop pro so I can design whatever scenery I need.Finally active camera, it is a must have!!!! When I heard that is was not compatable with the new sim I was devastated!!! Now I know that they are about 90% there on a working version for FS2004, WOO HOOO!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

2 planes:1) 767 PIC (which apparently doesn't work for fs2004) which is the best flight sim addon ever... period.2) RealAir SF260 or whatever it is... its just fun to do the "lets see how long I will last dodging buildings in chicago/new york" game.2 Sceneries:1) Aerosoft German Airports (all of them) they are just so good looking versus frame rates.2) Landclass scenery for anywhere, although if I had "german airports" I should have german landclass.2 Utilities:1)FSUIPC... has anyone noticed any framerate drops by using it by the way?2) activesky, although I guess on a desert island I wouldn't have internet for those updates. :(

Guest danowat

:) It would be a solar powered PC!!!!!, Yeah you are right about active camera.Basically the feeling I am trying to portray is that I think we are spoilt be the massive amount of addons we have, I mean if I REALLY had to chose it would be very hard.Dan.

Guest jason2112

You know what? At the moment I only want FS2004 ... badly! The more I read and see, the more excited I get. But once I've flown all these wonderful old planes and seen all 140 shades of sky colors and have gotten used to the wonderful new autogen objects and weather ... these addons are the ones I would like to take to the island:Planes:1) RealAir SF.260 - so much fun to fly, so good looking, just perfect!2) Eaglesoft Beech 400A - for longer flightsSceneries:1) German Airports 1-4 as well2) Emma Field - great place for the new CubUtilities1) RealityXP Garmin 530XP - that's what I call realistic2) RealityXP Jet Line 4 - for the Beech 400AJust my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

Guest crashing_pilot

woohoo... easy one for me hehe..planes1)hjg dc8 and panels2)milton and team dash 7scenery1)ntaa by bill melichar,looking goooood ;-)2)any of bills other scenery'sutility1)fsuipc,cant fly without it2)weathermaker,cannot fly without it ;-)thats it,and i'm pretty happy about it:its all FREE!!!!!!!!!!off to my island ;-)